So is this really how you do it in America???

2»

Comments

• Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    I need to move out of this country.

Which one USA or Aus?

A suburb away, some poor bloke was bashed after he went to rescue this young guy who was being bashed by several youths.

He permanently lost sight in one of his eyes and half of his face is paralysed. And the hero says he would do it all again if he needed to.

People are doing the best to ruin this world of ours.
    The USA.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    US singer denied re-entry to Australia
    AAP September 29, 2010, 6:22 pm

A US singer has unsuccessfully attempted to re-enter Australia to defend charges that he bashed a NSW Labor MP, his lawyer says.

Mario Norman, 25, last Friday asked a Sydney magistrate to send him to jail because his tourist visa expired the following day.

Police had refused to grant him a justice visa that would have allowed him to remain in Australia for a court appearance set down for February.

The Tennessee man is accused of assaulting Blacktown MP Paul Gibson and occasioning him actual bodily harm in a McDonald's car park at Thornleigh, in Sydney's northwest, on June 27.

Norman's unusual request was refused in the Downing Centre Local Court and his passport was returned so he could fly to America on Saturday.

But he made a last-minute decision to fly to New Zealand instead, Norman's lawyer David Leamey said on Wednesday.

Norman then flew back to Sydney airport, arriving about 7am (AEST) on Wednesday in an attempt to return to Australia on a tourist visa.

He was denied entry and is believed to have been in immigration custody at the airport.

Norman was expected to be put on the next available flight to the US on either Wednesday or Thursday, Mr Leamey said.

"He thought he would see if he could leave the country and come back again but it backfired," Mr Leamey said, adding Norman was determined to fight the charges against him.

"He was warned about the risks."

Mr Leamey said Norman's entry was refused on the grounds a pending court case is not the proper purpose for a tourist visa.

An application has been made to Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione for a justice visa but Mr Leamey said he was expecting the application to be denied.

Last week, Norman cried and appealed personally to Mr Scipione to grant him the visa, saying prosecutors would try to convict him in his absence.

"I tried to go to jail in order to fight my case here in Australia because I'm innocent," he said at the time.

An Immigration Department spokesman confirmed Norman had been refused entry to Australia after he was interviewed by immigration officers at the airport.

"The department assessed that Mr Norman was not on this occasion a genuine visitor to Australia and his latest visa was cancelled," the spokesman said.

While the department could not give the reasons for Norman's visa cancellation to maintain his privacy, the spokesman said there was another visa available for those charged with an offence who wanted to return for a hearing.

Norman could discuss his options with the Immigration Department directly and they would "assess the individual circumstances of the case against the legal criteria of the visa for which the person applied", he said.
    Arrangements were being made to return Norman to the US as soon as possible, the spokesman added.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjfan31 wrote:
    US singer denied re-entry to Australia
    AAP September 29, 2010, 6:22 pm

A US singer has unsuccessfully attempted to re-enter Australia to defend charges that he bashed a NSW Labor MP, his lawyer says.

Mario Norman, 25, last Friday asked a Sydney magistrate to send him to jail because his tourist visa expired the following day.

Police had refused to grant him a justice visa that would have allowed him to remain in Australia for a court appearance set down for February.

The Tennessee man is accused of assaulting Blacktown MP Paul Gibson and occasioning him actual bodily harm in a McDonald's car park at Thornleigh, in Sydney's northwest, on June 27.

Norman's unusual request was refused in the Downing Centre Local Court and his passport was returned so he could fly to America on Saturday.

But he made a last-minute decision to fly to New Zealand instead, Norman's lawyer David Leamey said on Wednesday.

Norman then flew back to Sydney airport, arriving about 7am (AEST) on Wednesday in an attempt to return to Australia on a tourist visa.

He was denied entry and is believed to have been in immigration custody at the airport.

Norman was expected to be put on the next available flight to the US on either Wednesday or Thursday, Mr Leamey said.

"He thought he would see if he could leave the country and come back again but it backfired," Mr Leamey said, adding Norman was determined to fight the charges against him.

"He was warned about the risks."

Mr Leamey said Norman's entry was refused on the grounds a pending court case is not the proper purpose for a tourist visa.

An application has been made to Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione for a justice visa but Mr Leamey said he was expecting the application to be denied.

Last week, Norman cried and appealed personally to Mr Scipione to grant him the visa, saying prosecutors would try to convict him in his absence.

"I tried to go to jail in order to fight my case here in Australia because I'm innocent," he said at the time.

An Immigration Department spokesman confirmed Norman had been refused entry to Australia after he was interviewed by immigration officers at the airport.

"The department assessed that Mr Norman was not on this occasion a genuine visitor to Australia and his latest visa was cancelled," the spokesman said.

While the department could not give the reasons for Norman's visa cancellation to maintain his privacy, the spokesman said there was another visa available for those charged with an offence who wanted to return for a hearing.

Norman could discuss his options with the Immigration Department directly and they would "assess the individual circumstances of the case against the legal criteria of the visa for which the person applied", he said.
    Arrangements were being made to return Norman to the US as soon as possible, the spokesman added.

when i read the headline i thought oooh wonder who it is. then i read the article and thought oh yeah i remember that fool. i hate headlines that tease.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Chanel 10 used to be the kings of this. But they got in trouble for it. They used to say

'And look at this spectacular accident.... Find out if he dies after the break'
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    and did he??????????????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The guy was misquoted..

There's the American way and the 'Amurcin' way, That guy definitely said 'this is how we do it in Amurca'
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Oh I can't remember. Don't you remember Cate when all this shite happened? Ch 10 was in hot water. I think it was mainly their late night news with Sandra Sultry
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiUuL5uTKc

Probably not appropriate, but I rarely am. 8-)
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    I'm confused. Was the attacker African or American?

He is African American. There was a photo attatched to some of the articles saying 'police are wanting to qurstion this man'
    So.. If he was white, would he be European American???
    But how else will you describe an attacker? This is a serious question without raising any thoughts of racism, I'm not that kind of person.

You wouldn't just say 'he had black hair, brown eyes' You would say 'he is African American wearing a blue shirt' etc.... That way he is going to be caught (and in Australia, there aren't too many African Americans (or in my area people of African appearance) , so that narrows down the field.

If the bloke was purple, you would sure as hell tell the cops that yeah?

Just like if it was me who did it, the guy would describe me as 'White, brown hair, blue eyes, incredibly good looking, charming and enjoys long walks on the beach'

Yeah? or am I just out of the loop with what is politically correct?
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Oh I can't remember. Don't you remember Cate when all this shite happened? Ch 10 was in hot water. I think it was mainly their late night news with Sandra Sultry

nope dont remember... that late at night im usually in my own little daisy haze. plus im not one for watching commercial tv news.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    all i got from this thread is that Chadwick cannot comprehend the word 'carpark' ... which is a place where one parks a car.

i'm going to fuck his brain up now by using the word "rowboat" ...

cue questions of "is it a sailing vessel that people argue in?"

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    all i got from this thread is that Chadwick cannot comprehend the word 'carpark' ... which is a place where one parks a car.

i'm going to fuck his brain up now by using the word "rowboat" ...

cue questions of "is it a sailing vessel that people argue in?"

;)

Just talk about walking down the road in thongs. Now that will fuck their brains up.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014