Skiing Mammoth on the 4th?

Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else planning on being up there this weekend?
Its the only mountain in North America open now, and I cant be the only skier/snowboarder who also listens to a lot of PJ...
...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm there right now but i won't be skiing...there's still a lot of snow up top but melting fast...drove up to the main lodge yesterday and saw quite a few peeps coming off the slopes
  • I am a downhill skiier and had no idea any mountains were still open. If I lived closer to California, I would be there. What is the average temperature on the mountain this time of year?
    Los Angeles - Gibson Ampitheater - October 6, 2009
    Seattle - Key Arena - December 6, 2013
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jillkins wrote:
    I am a downhill skiier and had no idea any mountains were still open. If I lived closer to California, I would be there. What is the average temperature on the mountain this time of year?

it's in the high 60's but it isn't temps but the amount of snow that was here...last winter had 558 inches of snow...it's been mild so it's taken a while to melt :D

i found a lift ticket from my dad with august 1 on it...i think this was in the mid-late 90's...he skied for an hour or so...i picked him up and we went to play golf! :mrgreen:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Snowboarder here and I'll certainly be in the snow covered mountains this weekend, but the Tetons are a national park, they don't have lifts and whatnot. I suppose I could carry my board, along with all my backpacking gear, but that's what Cherpas are for. I need to find one.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Snowboarder here and I'll certainly be in the snow covered mountains this weekend, but the Tetons are a national park, they don't have lifts and whatnot. I suppose I could carry my board, along with all my backpacking gear, but that's what Cherpas are for. I need to find one.

Nah, I'll just drive ya.

0.jpg
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    norm wrote:
    jillkins wrote:
    I am a downhill skiier and had no idea any mountains were still open. If I lived closer to California, I would be there. What is the average temperature on the mountain this time of year?

it's in the high 60's but it isn't temps but the amount of snow that was here...last winter had 558 inches of snow...it's been mild so it's taken a while to melt :D

i found a lift ticket from my dad with august 1 on it...i think this was in the mid-late 90's...he skied for an hour or so...i picked him up and we went to play golf! :mrgreen:

I am in California but its still a 5 and a half hour drive..It took less time to fly to honolulu last fourth for that solo gig/beach celebration last year..

And some people I know will be doing what they call the california biathlon as well, skiing in the morning and golfing in the afternoon..ha, I doubt I'll leave the sundeck.
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    eyedclaar wrote:

lmao dude...you don't need a sherpa, are you carrying oxygen tanks?
    try hiking up a the south face of a peak, camp/party, then ride down the north face..havent done it in a while but i remember it to be a pretty good way to kill a day..