Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
dc0436e1.jpg
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Funny..

Sadly though, I've read they are running out of options and it may be years before the leak might be stopped. There's something like a mountain worth of oil before it runs out. :?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

Sadly though, I've read they are running out of options and it may be years before the leak might be stopped. There's something like a mountain worth of oil before it runs out. :?

WTF??!!! You serious???
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    dc0436e1.jpg

Actually, I heard they're going to put a giant wedding ring on it, that way it stops putting out.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Had BP taken the proper action to ensure that safety was at 100% and that all their processes were in compliance to industry and safety standards, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I blame BP for not taking responsibility and playing the blame game as well as neglecting the appropriate industry standards that have been put in place in order for them to even conduct the business that they do.

BP is an ultimate failure.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Lizard wrote:

WTF??!!! You serious???
    That's one theory.. they're telling us their goal is to have it contained by August, but can we really believe them? If they know we're fucked, they're not going to say it.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    From reports I have been hearing, there is little chance that the relief wells will work. There is a good chance that the leak will not be stopped in my lifetime. Maybe that is worst case scenario, but still a good possibility. I don't even what to think what the long term ramifications of this are. I still can't believe that the public is not more outraged over this. I think there should be protests on the Gulf Coast and in Washington for more information to be released. Right now the only people "in the know" is BP and the Federal Gov't. Neither of which may be trusted in this situation. And for some reason the press is keeping quiet.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    From reports I have been hearing, there is little chance that the relief wells will work. There is a good chance that the leak will not be stopped in my lifetime. Maybe that is worst case scenario, but still a good possibility. I don't even what to think what the long term ramifications of this are. I still can't believe that the public is not more outraged over this. I think there should be protests on the Gulf Coast and in Washington for more information to be released. Right now the only people "in the know" is BP and the Federal Gov't. Neither of which may be trusted in this situation. And for some reason the press is keeping quiet.
    I would guess this stuff would flood the gulf stream and make its way to Europe, maybe even eventually taint most of the Oceans.. I'm not sure how long this could keep spewing but this could not be good at all.

If they have to spend trillions to get this fixed, they had better start writing checks now. If there really is a mountain worth of oil that will spill, this could mean mass extinction.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I just love how from the begining it was all - Hey, we have to BP in charge of the cleanup, I mean, they're the experts right? Um, no, not really. They might be an expert on drilling oil, but not preventing or cleaning spills; that much is pretty goddamn evident and shouldn't really be a surprise that we aren't getting the whole truth, or that the press is being held back and restricted by BP folks at every turn. It is basically the equivalent of putting a murderer in charge of his own forensic investigation. Mmmm, we didn't find anything to convict that guy; that's weird.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

it won't be stopped in your lifetime?.....are you 99.9 years old? :lol:

don't most experts (aside from the gov and bp) think it will last another couple months or so?
    www.myspace.com

don't most experts (aside from the gov and bp) think it will last another couple months or so?
    They haven't figured out how to stop it yet and its been a few months, so how can we believe any numbers they give us?

They haven't figured out how to stop it yet and its been a few months, so how can we believe any numbers they give us?

no no no....i thought the majority opinion of independent scientists are saying it will most likely leak through the rest of summer. at least that is what they were saying up through a week or so ago. honestly, i've tried to stay away from the coverage for a while its so depressing.

by the way, anderson cooper is covering this like nobody's business. i am not a huge fan of his. but the guy is doing a bang up job with this story every night.
    www.myspace.com

no no no....i thought the majority opinion of independent scientists are saying it will most likely leak through the rest of summer. at least that is what they were saying up through a week or so ago. honestly, i've tried to stay away from the coverage for a while its so depressing.

by the way, anderson cooper is covering this like nobody's business. i am not a huge fan of his. but the guy is doing a bang up job with this story every night.
    That or BP is paying these independent scientists to have opinions that it will be another month, or another month, or another month to keep mass histaria from breaking out..

That or BP is paying these independent scientists to have opinions that it will be another month, or another month, or another month to keep mass histaria from breaking out..

nah dude...these are people who come on the air and openly rip bp for giving out bad info or concealing info...chill with your conspiracy theory :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    some scientists think it is leaking below the surface, too.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i been telling you guys to listen to professor michio kaku.
    dial up michio kaku gulf oil leak on youtube.
    he has many videos to choose from.

he is only one of the smartest ppl in the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP8ObhJuY3I
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    since they are so full of shit and block the real deal from getting out , maybe we should use them to plug the thing. literally.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    edited June 2010
    i love this chain of claims

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ter-robots
    What initially seemed a manageable spill is now rated by the US coastguard as a serious environmental problem, with 1,000 barrels of oil a day being pumped into the Gulf of Mexico.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ap ... -estimated
    US coastguard says 5,000 barrels a day of oil are spewing from a well beneath site of the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-0 ... rises.html
    The panel, led by Marcia McNutt, director of the U.S. Geological Survey, said May 27 its best estimate of the spill rate was 12,000 barrels to 19,000 barrels a day, based on separate analyses of the plume of oil from the well as shown on video and the extent of the slick on the surface of the Gulf.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ulf-mexico
    Scientists this week doubled the official estimate of the size of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, with more than 40,000 barrels of oil feared to be leaking from the seabed every day – but no one knows for sure.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 ... ate3-.html
    BP Plc’s well in the Gulf of Mexico is gushing as much as 60,000 barrels of oil a day, the government said, again increasing a figure officials put at 1,000 barrels more than seven weeks ago.
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    i love this chain of claims

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ter-robots
    What initially seemed a manageable spill is now rated by the US coastguard as a serious environmental problem, with 1,000 barrels of oil a day being pumped into the Gulf of Mexico.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ap ... -estimated
    US coastguard says 5,000 barrels a day of oil are spewing from a well beneath site of the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... ulf-mexico
    Scientists this week doubled the official estimate of the size of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, with more than 40,000 barrels of oil feared to be leaking from the seabed every day – but no one knows for sure.

see that...
    drilling 1 mile underwater
    only an idiot would that.
    not one single man has ever wrenched pipes down there.
    very arrogant.
    very stupid.

2,000 pounds of pressure per square inch.
    that's 1 ton sitting every square inch.
    unreal.
    no way it can be an easy task to fix.
    this thing could go on until it's drained completely dry.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56UXjGytzE
    opie & anthony should be kicked in the balls for being stupid and disrespectful.
    dr. michio kaku is a frickin legend in science.
    this interview makes me sick at how dumb some people are.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

At this rate, that seems to be right where we're headed. That and severe pollution through out our oceans.

Anybody care to take a guess at how long this thing could continue spewing for?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    BTW, Pepe, that is a kick ass avatar. Did you make it?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

At this rate, that seems to be right where we're headed. That and severe pollution through out our oceans.

Anybody care to take a guess at how long this thing could continue spewing for?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 5#38001077
    watch this
    methane gas = yikes

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce