It's freeeeezzzzziiiinnngggg

Comments

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Normally by now we are having frosts every day and need coats and gloves etc. But its been really mild so far. It doesn't snow here either, can see snow later in the winter on the mountain range near by.

15 is not that cold though, I think you Aussies just need to harden up. If its 15 when I'm there I'll be in shorts and jandals!! 8-)

Maybe not, 15 actually is pretty chilly (but I won't need my big coat)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Normally by now we are having frosts every day and need coats and gloves etc. But its been really mild so far. It doesn't snow here either, can see snow later in the winter on the mountain range near by.

15 is not that cold though, I think you Aussies just need to harden up. If its 15 when I'm there I'll be in shorts and jandals!! 8-)

15 is afternoon.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    tinkerbell wrote:

im was wearing a summer dress and sandals this morning and yesterday morning. tomorrow ill be wearing gloves though.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    tinkerbell wrote:
    I think you Aussies just need to harden up.
    i been telling this to cate and jeanie for at least the last 13 years.
    they don't listen to me.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    I think you Aussies just need to harden up.
    i been telling this to cate and jeanie for at least the last 13 years.
    they don't listen to me.

well thats cause coming from convict stock we dont need to be told.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    well thats cause coming from convict stock we dont need to be told.
    i suppose you're right.
    darn bloody convicts anyhow.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I must say, even in winter I manage to get around in shorts and a t-shirt most days over here on the west coast.
    I must say, even in winter I manage to get around in shorts and a t-shirt most days over here on the west coast.

well good for you sandgroper. :P :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    This morning I went downstairs to warm up the car and I could hear what I thought was a muffled drilling sound coming from somewhere. I searched for a about 15 seconds until I realised it was getting louded the closer I got to my Great Dane. Her teeth were chattering!!!! :lol: I laughed so hard the poor girl!!! :lol::D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!

I'll have you know I only grope the most respectable and highest class sand. ;)

I'll have you know I only grope the most respectable and highest class sand. ;)

hmm well i dont think youre the only one cause you all have some stellar bands coming out of the west.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Yeah winter really sucks...

The view out of my office window from my webcam...

winter-sucks.jpg

The brown things you can see behind the sand/water are the kangaroos. Somewhere in those trees is my house :)
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Yeah it was only a couple of degrees here these last few mornings when I hoped on my mountain bike to ride into work. Good thing I had my wet weather gear on because the rains have made for some fun muddy tracks to go through in the dark. Shared the shit out of some kangaroos as I came flying through too :lol: :roll: I thought they'd have been used to me by now.

mmm but not much fun when they jump out in front of you when you're driving home from work in the dark at 5am! Certainly have had a couple of close calls and they wasn't much fun!

I'm about 30 mins north of Brisbane and at 11am yesterday it was only 13C....I have no idea what it was this morning, but I finished work at 2am and didn't get up until 9.30am and it was still feaking cold. I hate cold weather, and it has been raining over night so it is also wet. Cold and wet...awesome weather for school holidays :roll:

But hey this only lasts a couple of weeks for us in Brissie usually, so I went and got me some new flannie sheets today, so that should keep me warm! I Love flannalette sheets. That is the only time I will ever use those 3 words in a sentence together...I love & flannalette! :lol: Usually I'm being a smart arse and will say something stupid like....good afternoon shoppers, welcome to woolworths margate, here in aisle 4 we have a great special on your favourite apparel. We flannos going out for the low price of $5.99, we have red check, blue check and even the new season grey check. Many sizes available including XXL for all you bigger bogans. mmm maybe a touch carried away there! LOL :lol:
    Our local Coles had the flannel out at $4.95. Of course I had to buy XXL to allow for the inevitable shrinkage on the first wash.
    Flannel shirts bring back memories of good times!! 15 years ago!!! It is so weird now seeing teenagers wearing designer flannel :lol: it defeats the purpose! Flannel is supposed to be cheap and nasty, the whole point of it is to show that you are NOT materialistic.

Love me some flannel sheets! Nothing better than snuggling up all nice and warm with the lecie blankie on.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    That's not freezing.

Freezing is when its so cold, gloveless hands get too numb to open the car door by the time you get to it.. What does below zero Fahrenheit calculate to Celcius? -18 C

It's been as cold as -32 Celcius and as warm as 41 Celcius here in Chicago.
    That's not freezing.

Freezing is when its so cold, gloveless hands get too numb to open the car door by the time you get to it.. What does below zero Fahrenheit calculate to Celcius? -18 C

And that my friends is why you should live in Australasia!!!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    105 F, here. 107 tomorrow. :problem:
    Are you still in Vegas bro? :?

Anyways...yes, it's getting hot here in SLC...going to get hotter.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    That's not freezing.

like illinois, iowa also gets nasty cold.
    fun times, towns shut down.

a few years ago i thought i'd be smart and drive a semi tractor trailer to and from alaska.
    greatest driving in the history of the planet.

yukon, 2:42am, december 21, 2007 or 2008, -40f. (nowhere and nothing)
    i remember our truck's air supply wouldn't maintain above 20 some pounds or some shit.
    i'm suprised the brakes didn't lock up. (two truck convoy)
    we changed air compressors in this little parking lot
    only after driving very slow for a good hour out in the lonely frozen trees.
    it was so cold.
    my job was to crank the fishing reel style crank flash light for lighting.
    it was fun.

moose don't even play the "dodge trucks game" unless it's dark and -39f.

australia isn't cold.
    :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Flannel shirts bring back memories of good times!! 15 years ago!!! It is so weird now seeing teenagers wearing designer flannel :lol: it defeats the purpose! Flannel is supposed to be cheap and nasty, the whole point of it is to show that you are NOT materialistic.

Love me some flannel sheets! Nothing better than snuggling up all nice and warm with the lecie blankie on.

what the heck is that???

i read recently read that when you wear your flanno, never wear it without a belt. A BELT!!! :shock: :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    wish it was freezing here....much prefer the cold rather than hot...it's hot and humid here, bad combination...just walking to your car after work is enough to give someone heat stroke
  • arqarq Posts: 7,992
    I would like to change places with you! Miami is around 34-38C
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    tinkerbell wrote:

what the heck is that???

i read recently read that when you wear your flanno, never wear it without a belt. A BELT!!! :shock: :lol:

WTF!!! :lol:
    thought I'd dust this old girl off... brrr
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I was thinking of starting a new thread then edited my other thread since it turned into cold weather discussion.

Damn it feels like the ice age has come.
    Who says global warming is happening?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    For all you Americans who think we are kidding, look at this weather site...

http://www.bom.gov.au/index.shtml

It's been hard to access this site today because the BOM's server was having technical difficulties due to frost on the server.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I'm thinking of going to the snow to warm up...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014

It's been hard to access this site today because the BOM's server was having technical difficulties due to frost on the server.

oh no... 17 tomorrow... In for another icy one
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
    pjfan31 wrote:

oh no... 17 tomorrow... In for another icy one

A bitterly cold 15c tomorrow in Melbourne.
    I might snowboard to the shops tomorrow 'cause that's how I slide.
    I just made myself a snow cone with crushed Tim Tams and some Vice Versa's 8-)