ok ..thank god the world cup is over in the states

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
and fifa... try alittle replay

back to some regular sports :mrgreen:
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    :clap:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the wolf wrote:
    :clap:

:lol:;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I am still watching the world cup. If that was not on, we still would have to suffer through baseball until the college football and the NFL starts up.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I am still watching the world cup. If that was not on, we still would have to suffer through baseball until the college football and the NFL starts up.

maybe you suffer through baseball,but the evil empire fans enjoy it
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    the evil empire fans enjoy it

A great new term for the Lakers. ;);)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Pirates Sign Guy Who Successfully Jogged Across Street

PITTSBURGH—The Pittsburgh Pirates signed Greensburg, PA resident Clark Goldwater Monday after a team scout witnessed the 36-year-old fan run across a street near PNC Park, hand a set of keys to a friend, and maintain a steady clip on his way back to the parking lot to continue tailgating. "We've been looking for a guy with this kind of ability for a long time," said Pirates manager John Russell, adding that Goldwater will start in left field for the Triple-A Indianapolis Indians Thursday. "And hearing that he only needed two strides to cross over the grass median strip tells me he might be able to stretch out a double. Players like that don't come around every day in Pittsburgh." Team officials are hopeful this decision will work out as well as their 2003 signing of starting pitcher Paul Maholm, whom they acquired after seeing Maholm accurately toss a used tissue into the garbage.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/pirate ... -st,17662/
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    as an australian no residing in the states i love the fact that boring NFL and baseball has been overlooked for a few weeks.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    jimed14 wrote:

Pirates Sign Guy Who Successfully Jogged Across Street

PITTSBURGH—The Pittsburgh Pirates signed Greensburg, PA resident Clark Goldwater Monday after a team scout witnessed the 36-year-old fan run across a street near PNC Park, hand a set of keys to a friend, and maintain a steady clip on his way back to the parking lot to continue tailgating. "We've been looking for a guy with this kind of ability for a long time," said Pirates manager John Russell, adding that Goldwater will start in left field for the Triple-A Indianapolis Indians Thursday. "And hearing that he only needed two strides to cross over the grass median strip tells me he might be able to stretch out a double. Players like that don't come around every day in Pittsburgh." Team officials are hopeful this decision will work out as well as their 2003 signing of starting pitcher Paul Maholm, whom they acquired after seeing Maholm accurately toss a used tissue into the garbage.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/pirate ... -st,17662/

Love the Onion.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Maybe you are not watching the best tournament in the World but you better believe their is plenty of people watching it ,i'll watch Baseball in september ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Now all of the annoying gung-ho soccer fans that magically appeared in the last couple weeks can completely forget about it for a few years.

I don't mind the hardcore soccer fans who know their shit, but there are so many bandwagon fans that just showed up and pretend like they are experts, and will not watch another soccer game again for 4 years.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Maybe you are not watching the best tournament in the World but you better believe their is plenty of people watching it ,i'll watch Baseball in september ....

maybe if they got a few calls right it would be better

no reason not to have replay...every game has 1 bad goal or non-goal
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275

Agreed but i'm not going to stop watching because the refs will blow calls ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    still very much watching the world cup.

i wish it was every 2 years... 4 is too long. my friends and i had a drunken thought saturday after US lost..... our next world cup we will all probably be married and have kids :shock:
  • Now all of the annoying gung-ho soccer fans that magically appeared in the last couple weeks can completely forget about it for a few years.

I don't mind the hardcore soccer fans who know their shit, but there are so many bandwagon fans that just showed up and pretend like they are experts, and will not watch another soccer game again for 4 years.

Couldn't agree with you more. I have a couple friends that are legit soccer fans that actually watch matches through out the year, but I noticed those numbers increased... especially when the U.S. was winning. It kind of made me think of Lance Armstrong's run of the Tour de France when people were like, "it's going to be rough today, but Lance does good in the mountains," and I would be like, "Huh!?!?! Since when do you watch cycling?"
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Its over in the states?? clearly you do not live in an area that is
    heavily populated with Brazilians... :cry:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334

someone was just telling me that they're not gonna show the replays on the stadium monitors anymore...

if FIFA had any confidence in their refs this would not be necessary...

come on soccer! GET YO SHIT TOGETHER

sadly its far from over... and don't give me that "everyone else is doing it" bullshit
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Theovl316 wrote:
    Its over in the states?? clearly you do not live in an area that is
    heavily populated with Brazilians... :cry:

Brazilian - not to be confused with the Sphinx.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Zoso wrote:
    as an australian no residing in the states i love the fact that boring NFL and baseball has been overlooked for a few weeks.

careful talking like that... they might ship your arse down to guantanamo bay
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Zoso wrote:

careful talking like that... they might ship your arse down to guantanamo bay

:lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    At least FIFA had the decency to wait until the Hockey Playoffs were over. I don't really care if it takes attention away from sports like baseball and NASCAR.