Well done team USA

matabelematabele Posts: 277
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Nail biting finish, Bill Clinton looked as confused as he did when he found his cigar in that furry place, this time he was getting the offside rule explained to him.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I'm happy happy the US won as I believe there is a feeling the rest of the earth doesn't like us and would take joy in a defeat. There is an attitude that US sports fans can only watch the NFL. But I believe our fans are truly diverse with the exception of some Eagles fans that sceam E-A-G-L-E-S at PJ concerts and other inappropriate venues.
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    marcos wrote:
    I'm happy happy the US won as I believe there is a feeling the rest of the earth doesn't like us and would take joy in a defeat. There is an attitude that US sports fans can only watch the NFL. But I believe our fans are truly diverse with the exception of some Eagles fans that sceam E-A-G-L-E-S at PJ concerts and other inappropriate venues.
    It may seem that the rest of the world think that way but I belong to a number of African based forums and the general feeling is that the USA are doing well, it is always the case that a few can seem like the majority because of their hatred, things are changing, slowly but they are changing. How cool would it be if the USA go all the way, the score should have been 10-1?
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    It may seem that the rest of the world think that way but I belong to a number of African based forums and the general feeling is that the USA are doing well, it is always the case that a few can seem like the majority because of their hatred, things are changing, slowly but they are changing. How cool would it be if the USA go all the way, the score should have been 10-1?[/quote]

It would be cool if the US did go far because although I'm not a fan of soccer as a sport generally, I do recognize the cultural aspect as the entire planet is watching. But after the world cup I will probably be finished with soccer.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    It is about time Landon rose to the occasion

Altidore is NOT a superstar, he make terrible runs to the wrong space if at all. his cross was lucky to get where is did. he is the epitome of overrated. The outside midfield of the US is too soft on the defensive pressure, they allow way to much time before they attack the ball and it gives up too many good crosses into dangerous space. They also rarely use the flanks on the attack, how typical, bang it up the middle. That is why we are always mediocre. Try making some end-line runs! Whenever we use the width of the field we are great, Coach Bradley, get your head out of your ass and realize this.

congrats on the win boys, but you slipped by. Make good on your chances and you can compete with anyone
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    marcos wrote:

We are EVERYWHERE.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    i am just glad we were able to score 4 goals in 3 games and to win 1 out of 3 games - cause for celebration around the world apparantly. win 33% of your games and be rewarded - love it.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    LET'S GO GHANA!! :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I know its easy to criticize Altidore, but HE'S ONLY 20! Donovan is 28 and he played like crap in the last World Cup and he was 24. Give the kid time, I'm not only excited about our chances here in SAfrica, but next time around in Brazil.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Is it out of the realm of possibility to bring instant reply to the world cup? How about 1 or 2 challenges per team just to get it right. Too much riding on the line and too few goals to keep putting it in the referee's hands.
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Their age is irrelevant, they are on the squad and expected to perform at a world class level. Anything less is unacceptable. Yes Donovan sucked last cup. If he (JA) can't handle it because his age he should not be there, or be starting. I understand experience is valuable, and you have to play to get it, but it is not an excuse for poor play. The world cup is not a place to train guys, that is what the off years are for and ll the friendlies we play are for, heck even qualifying. Gomez sucked too