which do u like better?
y?
which is better for netflix?

Thank you :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    If you're a hardcore gamer, or want a blu-ray player, or want Netflix, get the PS3.

If you're a casual gamer and want something you could invite people over and drink while playing, get a Wii.

If you want a system for good online play, and will break every few months, get a 360. :lol:
  • Options
    MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 750
    pearl jam on either?
  • Options
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    pearl jam on either?
    I don't know.. they have a game?
  • Options
    don't know

yay

thank u
    i was thinking blu-ray but wasn't sure
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Wii is for little kids. PS3 is for kids in their 20's and 30's.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Not really. Playing Mario Kart or Mario Galaxy is a blast at any age.. Wii is the better system for drinkers. I love my PS3, but would totally pick-up a Wii as a party system.

If you are playing games for storyline, then yes, PS3 games generally have darker, adult stories. If you are playing for challenge or fun, both systems can satisfy.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    If you buy Rock Band for PS3 then you can download Ten album and a couple of songs more of PJ and play them.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Not really. Playing Mario Kart or Mario Galaxy is a blast at any age.. Wii is the better system for drinkers. I love my PS3, but would totally pick-up a Wii as a party system.

Super Mario games are the exception. But these bowling/golfing/tennis type games seem juvenile.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Super Mario games are the exception. But these bowling/golfing/tennis type games seem juvenile.
    Yeah, but those are the games you play when you're wasted.. or 5. ;)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    after seeing what nintendo just announced at E3 i would go with the wii... they really seem to be hitting their stride with the system... getting back to their roots with some revamped classic... new zelda, metroid, mario sports, donkey kong, goldeneye... the other 2 systems might have the more "mature" titles, but nintendo is always the most inventive all around... its really about the games with them (no blue ray, etc.)

im thinking of buying one myself

or theres that new xbox360 that just got announced... not really big on xbox... but hey, its new :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    im not a gamer
    just want to play a few
    and of course pj
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Just me...but PS3 all the fucking way.

There is a Wii in our family that circulates through anybody who wants it and I far prefer the PS3. I like the games on Playstation better, I like the Netflix streaming, and basically just the overall platform. My only complaint about the generation of PS3 that I have is that it isn't backwards compatible...and that gets to me.

I've been a PS guy since day one though.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

I really can't argue with this. Wii is the winner if your looking for something that is very multi-player friendly.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    PS3.

And that's not even close.

The Wii is like a board game. It's cool if you have people over, and even then it's only fun for a hour or so.

The PS3 and 360 are real gaming systems that offer a lot. Good games, plus lots of other features.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i love the Wii.
    you can get Netflix (in HD) on it as well.
    i'm not a huge gamer...mainly love the sports games, so the Wii worked out.

except they don't offer an NCAA hoops game at all.
    and that sucks.

the Wii is also cheaper.

but what the hell do i know? it was a gift that we got from my wifes parents! free Wii! :D:D:D:D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Get both!

I prefer Xbox and the new system looks like it has dramatically improved the original design.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    The wii is a blast. If you're an occasional gamer it will definitely suit your needs.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:
    Get both!

I prefer Xbox and the new system looks like it has dramatically improved the original design.
    I also prefer Xbox but since it isn't in the running I'll say PS3.
  • Options
    HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    Unfortunately, each year there are children born with mental deficiencies which range from low grade up to complete retardation.

Wii is made for those children.

I saw a letter a PS3 wrote to a Wii system. It said...

Dear Wii,

Really? Get the fuck outta my face with your weak ass shit.

Regards,

PS3 in ya mouth
  • Options
    I think ps3 it is
    pj and bluray? woohoo!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Wii is the better system for drinkers.

i don't know man. i'm pretty good at getting hammered and firing up the 360.