NHL 11

Still In HidingStill In Hiding Posts: 370
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Jonathan Toews is the cover athlete, second straight year its been a Blackhawks (Patrick Kane last year). Obviously I'm very happy about this

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532146
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Hopefully they will omit the horrendeous "blackhawk" song. I would rather listen to Nickleback then endure that :D

Anyway, is this the cover shot???
    toewsmural.jpg
  • love the nhl series.. never gets old. best game ea spots puts out.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jason P wrote:
    Hopefully they will omit the horrendeous "blackhawk" song. I would rather listen to Nickleback then endure that :D

Anyway, is this the cover shot???
    toewsmural.jpg

i heard they play the "blackhawk" song in pig latin when he scores
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Saw the trailer for this game, looks pretty cool but it's getting kind of complicated. I thought working the boards and the new fighting engine was tough to manage in NHL10, but broken sticks now? Dunno if I'm going to buy this one (which would be the first time in a while) just because I'm afraid of the learning curve...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    DeLukin wrote:
    Saw the trailer for this game, looks pretty cool but it's getting kind of complicated. I thought working the boards and the new fighting engine was tough to manage in NHL10, but broken sticks now? Dunno if I'm going to buy this one (which would be the first time in a while) just because I'm afraid of the learning curve...
    I don't think it will be that bad. I imagine that if the stick breaks, the player will automatically return to the bench while the opponent enjoys a brief advantage. And I'm sure there is an option to disable it.

I have 3-4 friends that don't play any videogames whatsoever except the NHL series. I just hope the fix the passing controls.
    i miss sega. i was gold.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    The last one I got was NHL '09. I spent hours and hours playing that! So much fun!

'Be A Pro' was really addicting.

I may have to get '11 when it comes out.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I can honestly say that NHL games are always a riot. I'll have to rent this and check it...maybe it'll be worth buying.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Yeah this series keeps blowing my mind. Supposedly if you break your stick, you can choose to stay in the play or go to the bench, all the while your broken stick remains on the ice and will interfere with the puck and whatnot the way it can in real life.

Every year I play the entire season as it progresses in real life and I believe that it's the greatest sports game on the market with The Show a close second.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    i miss sega. i was gold.
    nhl 93 and 94 were the shit
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:
    i miss super nintendo. i was gold.

corrected. :)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    I saw the trailer and this game looks awesome! I really like the broken stick thing....with the amount of sticks that are broken over the course of a real NHL game, that is a feature that they just had to add. Can't wait to pick it up in September.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i miss sega. i was gold.

nah, was spot on as it was
    mca47 wrote:
    The last one I got was NHL '09. I spent hours and hours playing that! So much fun!

'Be A Pro' was really addicting.

I may have to get '11 when it comes out.
    I found that after the novelty of Be A Pro wore off it was back to being an annoying shitty game (yes I realize I'm in the minority here). But I'm done with them, any time I get an urge to buy the new EA NHL game I stick in the old one and remember :P
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i miss sega. i was gold.

and old buddy and i used to play a best of 7 series for a mini cup made out of foil and a card board tube from a toilet paper roll :lol:

at the end of the run, i won 7 cups in a row, with the last cup being a comeback from a 3 games to none hole. that was pretty awesome. he was mentally defeated after that series. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i miss super nintendo. i was gold.

poeple played the super nintnedo. who knew.

now on the old nintendo...i was king as blades of steel. i was the champ in my house. i was undefeated my junior year of college. well....i would have lost my last game ever, but the game froze up after i smacked the floor because my steak was going to end....sooo i'm not sure you can count that defeat. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i miss sega. i was gold.

and old buddy and i used to play a best of 7 series for a mini cup made out of foil and a card board tube from a toilet paper roll :lol:

at the end of the run, i won 7 cups in a row, with the last cup being a comeback from a 3 games to none hole. that was pretty awesome. he was mentally defeated after that series. :lol:
    Yea, I remember buying the Sega Geneisis specifically for NHL 94. GREAT drinking game (score a goal? opponent drinks. bone-crushing check? opponent drinks. Player gets a hat trick? opponent drinks x 3, etc...)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i miss sega. i was gold.

haha that's awesome

I loved nhl 93 and 94 cause it was the only time the islanders were ever good in the game and cause those 2 years kicked ass.

Didn't the old nes have other hockey games besides blades of steel. I seem to remeber playing a hockey game that had world teams where the players were either skinny, average and fat.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

edited June 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    haha that's awesome

I loved nhl 93 and 94 cause it was the only time the islanders were ever good in the game and cause those 2 years kicked ass.

Didn't the old nes have other hockey games besides blades of steel. I seem to remeber playing a hockey game that had world teams where the players were either skinny, average and fat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Hockey_(1988_video_game)
    ;)

I think I had this for the master system, I can't remember... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Ice_Hockey
    Post edited by Rygar on
    metsfan wrote:

i was nasty at this game. the fights were hilarious.

Ice-Hockey.jpg
    Rygar wrote:

the best part about this game was you had to control your goalie.

edit: and the dude on the cover looks like brian leetch.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    out of foil and a card board tube from a toilet paper roll :lol:

I'm pretty sure those are the tools to make a gross smoking device? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    rival. wrote:

Ice-Hockey.jpg

http://www.nintendo8.com/game/750/ice_hockey/
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    DeLukin wrote:
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Yea, I remember buying the Sega Geneisis specifically for NHL 94. GREAT drinking game (score a goal? opponent drinks. bone-crushing check? opponent drinks. Player gets a hat trick? opponent drinks x 3, etc...)

NHL 93 & 94 fell perfectly with my senior year of high school and freshman year of college... man... we played those A LOT, and drank a lot with them too...

I remember when the 4 way controller came out... once we got that in our dorm, it was full on tournament time with rooms vs other rooms.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    rival. wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Ice-Hockey.jpg

Hell yeah!!!

That game was awesome!
    I loved the fights too. A big ball of players! :lol:

I kicked some serious ass in that game! I'll take any of you punks on! Bring it! :D
  • Can't wait for it. NHL 11 and NCAA 11 football are my next too.

If anyone wants to do a NCAA 11 online dynasty, let me know.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    mca47 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    I kicked some serious ass in that game! I'll take any of you punks on! Bring it! :D

i'll crush you!

now... how do we rig our NES for online play?