make me laugh

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Your smile makes me smile, thats all it takes.
But you want my laugh
don't you Daddy?
Go ahead then Dad, make me laugh!

Daddy winks at me and offers a spot on his lap.

Dad answers the phone, "Sanders Beauty Shop, which beauty do you want to speak with?"

Daddy plays that single little drum resting between his knees with the wire brushes, soft and swooshy.

Dad does his inverted burp, so surprised, more surprised then me!

Dad does the shuffle across the kitchen floor to a Louie Armstrong tune, hips swaying, arms swinging, round face smiling.

Daddy makes up a bedtime story about Bugs Bunny describing Bugs' clothes choice for the day,
leaving a picture in my head to dream by. A very colorful picture, that Bugs.

He whispers "Good night Tink, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" and does a little pretend bite with his fingers. He leans down and kisses my cheek, his cheek rough and scratchy. Dreamland and giggles and the smell of Daddy..

Daddy farts then says "what hoppened?" and looks under the sofa.

Daddy pulls my ear then farts and says "what hoppened?" emphasis on his particular "hoppened"

Dad gets a belly laugh watching "Laugh-in" with me, its infectious that laugh that jiggles his whole being.

Dad brings home 24 heads of lettuce cause they were on sale.

Daddy magically removes my nose from my face, and hides it there wiggling in his closed hand.

Daddy plays the pretend slide trombone.

Daddy tells a knock knock joke.
"Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Aardvark.
Aardvark who?
Aardvark a million miles for one of your smiles."
Thanks Dad.

Dad catches my big sister with the camera while her hair is in rollers.

Dad puts his big white apron on, bows, and drops the fish into the oil. He sings along to a Bing tune.

Daddy teases Mommy.

Dad pretends he's lost his hearing, how convenient.

Dad looks so surprised when I hit the gas pedal instead of the brake and the back bumper hits the streetlight pole denting the old Fury.
We laugh.

We laugh together

Dad loops his arm while resting on his cane, the sun warming the brown ground in front of the little chapel. I loop my arm through his.
"So kiddo are you ready? .... Are you happy Tink?" he whispers.
'Yes Dad, he is a good man, he makes me laugh.'
There behind his wire frames a couple tears have welled and
begin to roll down his cheeks.
'oh no Dad don't make me cry' our eyes meet and we laugh
"never Tink only laughs, only laughs forever".

Thanks for the laughs Dad.
I so miss the laughs Daddy.

The laughs will live in my heart forever, just like he promised, forever and ever.
Happy Fathers Day to the best Dad in the whole wide world!

and Happy Fathers Day to all the wonderful Fathers out there. Have a great day full of love and laughs and maybe a couple of tears.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    as usual your beautifully poetic,my dear sweet pandi :mrgreen: your love for your father shows greatly in many posts i've seen from you...i miss my dad too :cry: you are one of my favorite people on this hatefull planet,the love in your heart that you have shines brighter than the sun to me. and your father and what kind of man he must have been shows through you everyday....happy fathers day to your dad my dear,dear friend pandi :wave:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    as usual your beautifully poetic,my dear sweet pandi :mrgreen: your love for your father shows greatly in many posts i've seen from you...i miss my dad too :cry: you are one of my favorite people on this hatefull planet,the love in your heart that you have shines brighter than the sun to me. and your father and what kind of man he must have been shows through you everyday....happy fathers day to your dad my dear,dear friend pandi :wave:
    Dan, this is so sweet and kind and loving of you, thank you friend. All we can do is hope to make our fathers proud and miss them with all our hearts everyday. Your father too must have been an amazing man because he raised a man who has a generous spirit, who shares his loving thoughts (this is rare) and is passionate about that which he feels. I am so very glad I "met" you here, you make me very happy :D Happy Fathers Day to your Dad also and I hope you had a wonderful day and didn't miss him too terribly.
    i had (and an having)a great day thank you!i do miss him terribly,especially today.but i console myself with fond memories....i was very lucky to have a father who was also my friend :D hope your day was great too my friend...peace and love to you and yours...dan
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    This is a very nice story Pandora - I bet you can go on forever ..... There is something to be said about a man who can make you laugh - makes the world a better place. You had a wonderful Dad and now a wonderful husband.

I hope you both enjoyed your day !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:
    This is a very nice story Pandora - I bet you can go on forever ..... There is something to be said about a man who can make you laugh - makes the world a better place. You had a wonderful Dad and now a wonderful husband.

thank you sweetie :D i hope you have great days EVERYDAY ;)
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:

thank you sweetie :D i hope you have great days EVERYDAY ;)

Thank you so much - I try my best everyday ..... :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    mikalina wrote:

yes you do! your loyalty and thoughtfulness is immeasurable. I am very lucky to be surrounded by such great people.
    Thank you for your kind words about my Dad and JB. They are very much alike, funny. Maybe why we have been together so long. We had the best Fathers Day ever, JB said. It was just simple and quiet, lunch and a swim with the kids.
    And Dan I too live in my memories of my father, can you tell?
    I think that is the best way to honor a great spirit. :D
    pandora wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

yes you do! your loyalty and thoughtfulness is immeasurable. I am very lucky to be surrounded by such great people.
    Thank you for your kind words about my Dad and JB. They are very much alike, funny. Maybe why we have been together so long. We had the best Fathers Day ever, JB said. It was just simple and quiet, lunch and a swim with the kids.
    And Dan I too live in my memories of my father, can you tell?
    I think that is the best way to honor a great spirit. :D
    :D here,here.
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Pandora,
    Your writing is absolutely beautiful, you brought tears(happy) to my eye. As a father of a 3 year old daughter, I wish I could be half the man that your father was to you.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
    ponner1us wrote:
    Pandora,
    Your writing is absolutely beautiful, you brought tears(happy) to my eye. As a father of a 3 year old daughter, I wish I could be half the man that your father was to you.
    Oh believe me you will be!
    Little girls and their daddy's, they are just the world to them.
    What a joyful time to have all these wonderful years ahead to enjoy and grow together.
    Life is good, love is better.
    Just 3 how precious :D. My heart is full for you!
    Thank you also for your kind words, they mean a lot to me.
    Enjoy every moment it goes by so very fast.
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Ra-tard...
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
    Now that it is not a corporate sponsored holiday I just want to say thank you to my beloved husband Blenderman not only for being a wonderful husband and father but for helping me through one of the most difficult times in my life I love you Dan
    Mrs Blenderman
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    Just wanted to say thanks again to Pandora for a very excellent OP.

Deep down beyond the cursing and the anti-social commentary, I truly do miss my dad. Everyday.

Don't any of you fuckers think I'll turn all soft (except of course for sweet Pandi). I'll still mow the rest of your asses down with a combination of curses and whatnot that would scare the Mohammed out of the Muslim religion.

Anyway, great post. Well done.
    Just wanted to say thanks again to Pandora for a very excellent OP.

Deep down beyond the cursing and the anti-social commentary, I truly do miss my dad. Everyday.

Don't any of you fuckers think I'll turn all soft (except of course for sweet Pandi). I'll still mow the rest of your asses down with a combination of curses and whatnot that would scare the Mohammed out of the Muslim religion.

Anyway, great post. Well done.
    :lol: Thank you Hammerdonkey, you touch my heart and make me laugh but I won't let on what a great guy you really are ;)
    Now that it is not a corporate sponsored holiday I just want to say thank you to my beloved husband Blenderman not only for being a wonderful husband and father but for helping me through one of the most difficult times in my life I love you Dan
    Mrs Blenderman
    :wave: Hi
    Mrs Blenderman
    :thumbup: beautiful loving words :clap: