Ebay scam is back... warning

JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
edited June 2010 in The Porch
This guy is back selling the signed Ed guitar again. I have posted about this guy before. He is so bad at his own scam, in the past, he wouldn't even wait until the first person received their guitar and he would immediately throw another one back up on Ebay.

Check his feedback, he already sold this guitar to somebody that got it and wrote positive feedback, "great guitar." Yeah, then why is the seller reselling it if this guy is happy with what he got? He is keeping the original for himself and selling fakes, using his picture with Ed as proof that what you're getting is real.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-EDDIE-VED ... 4cf0056cc2
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    and this is why no one should ever buy autographed stuff - thanks for posting this!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    hmmm.. from the ID of that first purchase, i know who bought that. i'll investigate...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    feel free to bid!!he's got great feedback!!!close to 100% :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    hmmm.. from the ID of that first purchase, i know who bought that. i'll investigate...

I've actually been in touch with the original buyer and the 2nd buyer. They're both fully aware of it too. We've been in touch for some time about this guy and they both actually emailed me today about it being back up. A shame this guy of all people got to meet the man.

feel free to bid!!he's got great feedback!!!close to 100% :lol::lol:

Yeah, and one of his 3 transactions was as a buyer, can't hardy screw that up. I think bidding on this is a great idea. Just note that this time around, "THIS SALE WILL NOT GO THROUGH PAY PALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DO NOT TRY TO PAY FOR THIS THROUGH PAY PALL!!!"

He's tired of Paypal forcing the funds out of his account once the buyer, or buyers in this case, realize they've been had.

• shepshep Posts: 5,763
    I like how he won't take paypal.... :lol:

What person on eBay doesn't take paypal???

Someone who doesn't want you to be able to start an action against him to get your money back when you find out he sold you a fake item... that's who!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,333
    LukinFan wrote:
    and this is why no one should ever buy autographed stuff - thanks for posting this!

Exactly! If you were to buy a signed Pearl Jam item .. on eBay, buy it with confident from an Official Store, like Wishlist Foundation's eBay page, or Pearl Jam's eBay Official page where all money get's donated to charity. Somebody you don't even know who is selling the item on eBay & you're interested in it is 99% of the time fishy. I won't spend a dime on them. If you can't score a signed item, face to face with the artist, then only buy signed goods from Official band's/artists stores.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Pearl Jam's Official 10club store sell new released goods signed & numbered by the band/artist? Many band's & artists official website offer this. Poster's, CD's, Vinyls etc.. Think about it! :mrgreen:
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    This is why I would never buy an autographed item on E-Bay...too many fakes!!!

And I agree with D...it would be cool if 10 Club could sell some autographed stuff in the Goods Section with the money going to charity!!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    edited June 2010
    demetrios wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

Exactly! If you were to buy a signed Pearl Jam item .. on eBay, buy it with confident from an Official Store, like Wishlist Foundation's eBay page, or Pearl Jam's eBay Official page where all money get's donated to charity. Somebody you don't even know who is selling the item on eBay & you're interested in it is 99% of the time fishy. I won't spend a dime on them. If you can't score a signed item, face to face with the artist, then only buy signed goods from Official band's/artists stores.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Pearl Jam's Official 10club store sell new released goods signed & numbered by the band/artist? Many band's & artists official website offer this. Poster's, CD's, Vinyls etc.. Think about it! :mrgreen:

This is the reason I am looking forward to the Tool show I am going to tomorrow (besides the fact Tool is probably my second or third favorite live band)...

If any of you have ever been to one of their shows in the last 3 years, Adam Jones (the guitarist) is now doing all their posters... His art is a little freaky, but that's beside the point... All of the posters are numbered at the show, with Adam's embossing in the bottom right, usually he does a run of anywhere from 350-450... the really kool thing is that at every show they always have 25-35 posters (in a different number sequence) available at the merch stands that have been sign by THE WHOLE BAND. They are always more expensive (usually $100 instead of $25), and I've passed on it at my last 3 Tool shows.... tomorrow night however, I'm going to get me one. Can't wait. Hoping Adam's artwork isn't too out to lunch....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    I thought this was appropriate... enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtzjPsqc ... =1&index=6

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,333
    shep wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

This is the reason I am looking forward to the Tool show I am going to tomorrow (besides the fact Tool is probably my second or third favorite live band)...

If any of you have ever been to one of their shows in the last 3 years, Adam Jones (the guitarist) is now doing all their posters... His art is a little freaky, but that's beside the point... All of the posters are numbered at the show, with Adam's embossing in the bottom right, usually he does a run of anywhere from 350-450... the really kool thing is that at every show they always have 25-35 posters (in a different number sequence) available at the merch stands that have been sign by THE WHOLE BAND. They are always more expensive (usually $100 instead of $25), and I've passed on it at my last 3 Tool shows.... tomorrow night however, I'm going to get me one. Can't wait. Hoping Adam's artwork isn't too out to lunch....

Have you shopped here? http://shop.cosm.org/tool.aspx :)

Tool is close to my 2nd/3rd favorite band as well. Love their artwork & lyrics, and the music .. forget about it. :) Did you buy his first poster (the Melvin's print) over @ secretserpants.com? The guy is amazing. I wish Jeff & Barry Ament did more artwork with Pearl Jam.

Have a great time tomorrow @ the show! :)
    shep wrote:

That's awesome but as long as there is something of value, there will always be someone trying to make a fake copy to sell. Fake money, fake art. There are many theories and people that believe that the Mona Lisa in the Louvre is actually a fake and that the original is still in a private collection somewhere.

edited June 2010
    :arrow:
    Post edited by JasonE on

JasonE wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

The only problem with that is, when it is through a charity and everyone knows it's 100% legit, the price skyrockets out of a lot of people's price range. It means a lot to some people to have signed items on their walls, in their collections, etc.. Not having anything is better than the alternative though, if the alternative is buying a fake or questionable piece.

Another problem is, getting to meet them face to face. Outside of bumping into them on the street the day they're in your town for a show, or having them come into your cigar shop (so cool), or knowing which door out of several to stand outside of for hours, there's no chance of ever getting to meet them.

Some signed PJ items on Ebay are legit and have been legit. If you talk to/email the seller, make sure their feedback is intact, post on this board what people think, etc, etc... it is possible somebody got an autograph and isn't that big a fan or needs the money. There are definitely some honest people on Ebay and it is greater than a 50/50 chance that what you're buying is real if you do your homework. Ebay fakes are not nearly as bad as they were 10 years ago.

• tubes10stubes10s Posts: 528
    that item has been removed from ebay :)
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
    demetrios wrote:

Have you shopped here? http://shop.cosm.org/tool.aspx :)

Tool is close to my 2nd/3rd favorite band as well. Love their artwork & lyrics, and the music .. forget about it. :) Did you buy his first poster (the Melvin's print) over @ secretserpants.com? The guy is amazing. I wish Jeff & Barry Ament did more artwork with Pearl Jam.

Have a great time tomorrow @ the show! :)

I actually haven't seen that before D! Thanks for the heads up!
  • Hi there,

I was one of the people who purchased this item (been collecting PJ stuff for a very long time). I have lodged a case with paypal and if not successful I will be disputing transaction with my credit card provider (who I work for) and believe there wont be an issue in getting funds back as ultimately if a case is lodged with the credit card provider (mine being one of the worlds biggest banks) it is credit card providers decision to reverse the transaction or not.

Person sends 4 backstage passes from the event however as I owned close to 200 Pearl Jam passes over the journey I identified straight away that these were reproductions. They seemed to be computer generated laminates listing a heap of shows on this tour (Which PJ havent done for about 16 years). Guitar looks spot on to the naked eye and signature even appears to be hand drawn. He has done a very good job in deceiving people.

I guess at the end of the day I took a punt hoping that I was getting something a little more genuine than I actually did. When I do get my funds back I will probably end up with a very nice looking piece of firewood and some backstage passes so the kids can take the dog backstage to their pretend after party show in the backyard as that's about as authentic as they are.

I have purchased and sold many signed PJ items over the years on Ebay and have seen many many fakes as well as some authentic pieces. Apart from him being very stupid and relisting the items multiple times it was a very well put together and calculated scam.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    the fact that he continues to re-list the item is just wild to me.
  • He is now no longer registed with ebay, probably because his account has been suspended. Paypal said they would refund the funds once item was returned back and provided them a tracking number. Think plan B will be inforced. Contacting bank (where I work) and going this bloke for fraud. If I post it back its going to cost me $300USD from Australia and will then probably get something back saying the package was empty or some $hit.

See how it pans out I guess
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    nice. keep us posted. hopefully this guy pays
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

And I agree with D...it would be cool if 10 Club could sell some autographed stuff in the Goods Section with the money going to charity!!!
    I 2nd that! The only thing that I have signed by anyone in the band is my signed Jeff poster from the Green River/Melvins show from last year that I bought here int he Goods section
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1