TOY STORY 3

Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
well pixar did it again...
what a classy way to end an excellent series
BRAVO! :D
all the laughs and tears i've come to expect from their work

and a brilliant lil short film before the movie as usual

anyone else see it? thoughts? (NO SPOILERS)
"Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I badly want to see this film, glad you liked it...further enforces my opinion on how good it should be.

Toy Story has always been my favorite Pixar movie.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I badly want to see this film, glad you liked it...further enforces my opinion on how good it should be.

Toy Story has always been my favorite Pixar movie.
    at this point i cant even choose a favorite... Nemo and Up are definitely high on the list too... and the only so-so one was bugs life... mainly because it ripped off the magnificent 7 instead of doing their own thing

Toy Story just resonates in a special way since I've essentially grown up with Andy... going through the same kinds of growing pains and separation anxiety... poignant stuff pixar... dont know many production companies with the balls to tackle real issues in "kids" movies

oh and PS... a PERFECT score on rotten tomatoes... how often does that happen??

CRITIC PROOF

:D

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Going to see it tomorrow with my two boys (5 and 3). My three year old is so excited he can't sleep. It's his first movie in the theater. He loves the first two
    Going to see it tomorrow with my two boys (5 and 3). My three year old is so excited he can't sleep. It's his first movie in the theater. He loves the first two
    i think a lot of it will be over the younger kids heads... and there are a few scary characters... but all the kids in the theater still seemed to enjoy it

have fun!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    heard it's getting great reviews, might see it tomorrow. Is there any Pixar movie that isn't good? Only one i didn't really care for was A Bug's Life. MOnsters Inc was ok. All the others were good/great.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Can't wait to see it. Mr K starts school holidays on friday and he is BUSTING to see it! And the fact that he knows he is getting the TS Bucket of Soldiers is an added bonus....he had to clean his room and keep it clean for an entire week (which is a feat for 5yo)...and He SUCCEEDED!!!

Can't wait!
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Saw it in 3D last night with my fiance. Both in our mid-late 20s, and we both loved it. (Didn't really care for the short at the start though, thought it was kind of dumb)
    I think it's worth noting that as of last night, the movie had 99% fresh rating on RottenTomatos. And out of 130 or so ratings, the only two that didn't like it were a pair of dudes who have made their film critic careers by being overly critical of movies that get any kind of public acclaim.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i cant believe andys going to college. *sigh* they grow up so quick.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Fantastic movie. My older kids were really affected by it. My three year old wasn't so much into it (and she LOVES Toy Story 1/2), but to be honest I don't think it was really addressed toward a new (younger) audience. It was made for those kids who had grown up with the original 2. That being said, this better get a nod for best picture.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I hear Buzz and Woody 'do it.' Can someone confirm/deny this?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • SarahLouSarahLou Posts: 175
    watched it last night and LOVED it! however still totally freaked out by that one toy...dont wanna say to much (it wouldnt ruin anything, just dont know how much people wanna hear) but if you have seen it i hope you know what i mean! reassure me i'm not a weirdo for being so scared! hehe :lol::lol:
    DeLukin wrote:
    I hear Buzz and Woody 'do it.' Can someone confirm/deny this?

...can create a love child named Boozy
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I thought it was a sweet tribute to our childhoods. Loved it, cried like a baby.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    i can'tw ait to see this this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    toy-story_01-1.jpg
    yeauuuuuuhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    lol that's so adorable!!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    i cant believe andys going to college. *sigh* they grow up so quick.

:lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    haffajappa wrote:
    lol that's so adorable!!
    I was thinking the same, what a magical time!
    SarahLou wrote:
    watched it last night and LOVED it! however still totally freaked out by that one toy...dont wanna say to much (it wouldnt ruin anything, just dont know how much people wanna hear) but if you have seen it i hope you know what i mean! reassure me i'm not a weirdo for being so scared! hehe :lol::lol:
    big baby??? :shock:

youre not alone

• merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    SarahLou wrote:

youre not alone

I was thinking Chuckles the Clown. Clowns are badddddd. I'm not going to feel sorry for him, he's just pretending to be nice. He's hiding a knife somewhere.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • I saw it today with the wife & kids. Loved it. In no way did it fail to live up to the hype and expectations, which was not an easy thing to do. My wife cried thru about half of it. Just a few minutes for me....not really a spoiler.....when Andy leaves for college, I thought of when my parents dropped me off, and m Mom cried when leaving. She passed away in 2007, so that brought back some memories. Afterward we went to the Disney store and scored some cool TS3 toys on discount. $5 plushes of some new toys. My 2 year old got Trixie, and the whole way home, begged her to wake up. "Trixie...she no talk! Wake up trixie! Talk to me!. Pleeeeeeease Trixie....talk" Parents who have little ones, be prepared...there are a few scenes that are just a bit scary. I want to go back and see it in IMAX. I've never seen an IMAX movie and was worried it would be too loud for the boys
    SarahLou wrote:

youre not alone

YES! still gives me the heebee jeebee's!

and i also cried at the end too, quite a bit...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Saw it Sunday with the wife and my 6 yr old, who is a Toy Story fanatic.
    Excellent movie.
    Doesn't need to be seen in 3D.
    Some of the humor definitely goes over the heads of the kids (especially regarding Ken).
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I never saw the first 2..am I a bad person ?

:?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    haffajappa wrote:
    lol that's so adorable!!
    It was awesome. I cried like a little b*tch at the end too and in the car on the way home.
    Poncier wrote:
    Excellent movie.
    Some of the humor definitely goes over the heads of the kids (especially regarding Ken).
    i think the 3D just adds a nice depth of field... no gimmicks... just foreground background... worth the extra 2.50 to me... especially when it goes to a quality company like pixar

yes

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    it delivers the laughs, it delivers the tears. go see it.

anyone else think that "lotso" was going to be a good guy? judging by the posters/promotional items for him, i thought he would be at least.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    Poncier wrote:
    Excellent movie.
    i think the 3D just adds a nice depth of field... no gimmicks... just foreground background... worth the extra 2.50 to me... especially when it goes to a quality company like pixar

yes
    the theatre here ran 1 and 2 in 3D last year back to back... the clarity was awesome!
    wish it was only a 2.50 difference though, its like 18 dollars a ticket to see it at the theatre here.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    saw this earlier tonight. Can Pixar do no wrong? NO!

Another great movie by Pixar! Very touching and heartwarming movie for all to see! :D

Also liked the opening movie, Night & Day, it was cute

Saw a preview for a Smurfs movie? What The Smurf?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLMoubBxt_0
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh gosh. i saw this with the kids on thursday. me and the zoemonster bawled out eyes out. sam being 13 is too cool for such displays.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say