Options

Has the band ever made a comment about Creed?

TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Yes, yes, the Joker to the Batman that is Pearl Jam. I only ask because I read and listened to that Creed Disease post the other day (which was actually really funny), and I was just wondering if the band ever made a comment about them or Candlebox, or Seven Mary Three or any of the bands that are viewed as "imitators" of Pearl Jam. The only one I can recall is a Rolling Stone article where the reporter details someone screaming at Eddie "JEB IN 08" to which Eddie replied that maybe the guy was a Gavin Rossdale fan.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    don't remember the exact date... sometime during U.S. 2003 tour, but ed changed the green disease lyrics to C-R-E-E-D

:lol:

and of course, there's the classic celebrity deathmatch clip
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Yes ,Spin Article in 1993, Stone totally dissed them.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,790
    I think there was a radio interview or magazine article in 2002 for the riot act release and the interviewer tried to get Vedder to talk about Creed and the imitators, but he just dodged the question by either saying there was no need to get into it or that what's been said has been said etc.

one year later Eddie then goes onto talk about Good Charlotte and ass popsicles.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Listen to Green Disease from - 04/16/03 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater: Charlotte, NC
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:

In 1993? Creed first polluted our ears in 1997.

I think the closest Eddie got to commenting on all those bands was when an interviewer asked what he thought of bands that copied the "Pearl Jam sound", and he just said "Well, I don't think we sound like that."

He was right.
  • Options
    who is creed?
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 462
    Brisk. wrote:
    Listen to Green Disease from - 04/16/03 – Verizon Wireless Amphitheater: Charlotte, NC
    You should also listen to this version because Ed totally messes up the words and sings it la la la la la la in place of the words. Pretty funny. The band continues on playing a tight version despite the lack of lyrics. He does do the C-R-E-E-D, near the end.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KO282453 wrote:

In 1993? Creed first polluted our ears in 1997.

I think the closest Eddie got to commenting on all those bands was when an interviewer asked what he thought of bands that copied the "Pearl Jam sound", and he just said "Well, I don't think we sound like that."

He was right.

check it http://article.spin./posting.php?mode=q ... -305526637