Options

Festival booze smuggling

shane johnsonshane johnson Posts: 6
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Well one week to go until I see the mighty PJ in Hyde Park. Went to the Reading Fetival a few years back and got away with taking in some wine by removing it from the box and putting the bag in a small ruc-sac. Will I get in with that this time? Anyone have any other ingenious schemes?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    I was able to "smuggle" two bottles onto a cruise ship using RumRunners Flasks, they're great. Google them and you'll see why.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    ponner1us wrote:
    I was able to "smuggle" two bottles onto a cruise ship using RumRunners Flasks, they're great. Google them and you'll see why.

that reminds me of taking IV bags and using them to sneak booze in...line and all! :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    zchick wrote:
    ponner1us wrote:

that reminds me of taking IV bags and using them to sneak booze in...line and all! :lol:

Yeah, that's actually how I describe the rumrunner flasks to people, "it's like an iv bag with a cap."
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    bring a back pack with a extra pair of sneakers and stuff the sneakers with flasks of liquor, when the security guard is squeezing the bag he'll only feel the sneakers.

Not that I'VE ever done that :D
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    or you can work on a smaller scale... fill a balloon aproximately with one shot each of any type of alcohol... insert and smuggle each balloon inside anus...become rum mule... have your friends help... more balloons + more shots!!! everyone wins

***pictures "chocolate pretzel" scene from mallrats
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I take two 16 oz. water bottles and fill them with wine then tie them to your belt and let them hang down by your package :D:D
    It does look kinda funny but it worked 3 nights at the spectrum :D:D:D
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    5against1- wrote:
    I take two 16 oz. water bottles and fill them with wine then tie them to your belt and let them hang down by your package :D:D
    It does look kinda funny but it worked 3 nights at the spectrum :D:D:D

or this: http://www.thebeerbelly.com/Beerbelly_p/200-001.htm
    I've gotten in with 'beer-noculars' too, never had any issues with hiding stuff in my bra, (smuggled cameras and other 'attitude adjustment' products back in the '90s when they didn't allow cameras).
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    OMG -- I've needed to catch up with all these advancements!!!

Liquor minatures (the small bottles you see on airplanes) are quite easy to sneak in ... I've heard. AND they have the added bonus of being perfectly legit to stuff in a 2-Quart Ziplock baggie and fly with carry-on luggage! TSA always grin when, uh, my friend, yeah, pass 'em through security, but never had 'em taken.... Socks, arches of the foot, heck in pockets and what not -- 6-8 bottles easy-peasy!

Be sure to check though, some manufacturers use real glass -- go for the plastic ones. Bacardi!
    But obviously, this isn't going to get you through a whole festival ... just a quick boost right before the band goes on!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    At homemade beer/wine making stores you can buy white caps that you smack on top of open water bottles and it seals them. Take these bottles and fill them with vodka/white rum mixed with whatever clear liquid you desire, smack the caps on, and you're home free./
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"