June 17th, 1994

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
watching this right now

Do you remember where you were on June 17, 1994? Thanks to a wide array of unrelated, coast-to-coast occurrences, this Friday has come to be known for its firsts, lasts, triumphs and tragedy. Arnold Palmer played his last round at a U.S. Open, in Oakmont, Pa., the FIFA World Cup kicked off in Chicago, the Rangers celebrated on Broadway, Patrick Ewing desperately pursued a long evasive championship in the Garden and Donald Fehr stared down the baseball owners. And yet, all of that was a prelude to O.J. Simpson leading America on a slow speed chase in a white Ford Bronco around Los Angeles. Oscar-nominated and Peabody Award-winning director Brett Morgen will artistically weave these moments and others to create a unique and reflective look at a day that no sports fan could forget.

http://30for30.espn.com/film/june-17-1994.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I SEE OJ! baba-boey to yall...........
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I will set my DVR to record this. Must watch this! Thanks for the link.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Man, I remember this day vividly. Just got back from the shore, hanging out at my aunt's house watching her dog while she was away, reading Jurassic Park - because I was/am a huge nerd - then flipping through the TV and stopped on CNN to see this take over. It was unreal.
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    So much happened on that day
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    remember it like it was yesterday. that 30-30 was spot on. fucking insane day/night.
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i don't remember.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Huh,

You'd think they know that June 17th is on Thursday this year.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I remember this day oh soooo well.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i remember it because made my kids come inside because i was packing boxes to move to our new place a couple weeks later. the kids were enjoying the t.v. show they were watching when it was interupted by the OJ chase...and it wasn't long before they were whining... 'this is boring, this is so dumb...and it's on all the channels!'

i think more than a few ppl were hoping that he'd just shoot himself and get it over with
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241
    I was in the ninth grade and pissed I couldn't attend the Ranger parade.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
    OJ doesn't deserve a thread......

Fuck OJ....

He was probably born in cincy..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I remember switching on the news and seeing a great amount of time given to some ex NFL star driving along a freeway.
    I thought WTF do we care?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    1994 was a good year
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the rangers won the cup and i left for the bahamas on my high school graduation trip

thats a day that will forever be etched in my brain
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    awesome episode. wouldn't the world have been a much better place in the ensuing years if OJ had shot himself that night? and did you ever think his friend Robert Kardashian's daughters would be tv whores later in life? crazy night. Knicks totally choked in that series. Loved John Starks back in the day. there was also a minor soccer tournament that started that same day in chicago. has there ever been a day in sports where more shit happened at once? crazy.
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Happens to be my birthday too (today)!!!! So yeah, I'll never forget that day. Great seeing my birthday date as a headline on the greatest board in the world for the greatest band with by far the greatest fans!
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I know EXACTLY where I was on that date. 16 years ago... Holy crap... Was at my good friends house watching Game 6 of the NBA finals (that game sucked) and it was the last time I may have smoked something... The news about the chase comes on and I had to watch the game in split screen :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I know EXACTLY where I was on that date. 16 years ago... Holy crap... Was at my good friends house watching Game 6 of the NBA finals (that game sucked) and it was the last time I may have smoked something... The news about the chase comes on and I had to watch the game in split screen :evil:

And 5 days later the damn Knicks would lose to the Rockets in game 7. Thank you John Starks and your like 3 of 77 shooting night. Also my 21st b-day. Totally ruined.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I remember now -- I was on Sarasota Beach in Florida .....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    pjhawks wrote:
    awesome episode. wouldn't the world have been a much better place in the ensuing years if OJ had shot himself that night? and did you ever think his friend Robert Kardashian's daughters would be tv whores later in life? crazy night. Knicks totally choked in that series. Loved John Starks back in the day. there was also a minor soccer tournament that started that same day in chicago. has there ever been a day in sports where more shit happened at once? crazy.

what self respecting sixers fan would love john starks?
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    pjhawks wrote:

true - only New York player in any sport i've ever liked. Just enjoyed his game - reminded me of myself. he had a fearless attitude.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    pjhawks wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

true - only New York player in any sport i've ever liked. Just enjoyed his game - reminded me of myself. he had a fearless attitude.
    I've got the heart like John Sparks...Hitting Mad Sparks....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Can't wait to get home and watch this on DVR.

It's amazing all the things that happened that day. I still ermember watching the NBA finals with my dad and they cut away to show that stupid car chase. I was so pissed!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    nuffingman wrote:
    I remember switching on the news and seeing a great amount of time given to some ex NFL star driving along a freeway.
    I thought WTF do we care?

Touche!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need