time wasted?

gundagunda Posts: 97
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
who spends way to much their day here and why ? i know i do thats because im unemployed and my friends dont like me. whats your story if willing to admit your addiction
8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    gunda wrote:
    who spends way to much their day here and why ? i know i do thats because im unemployed and my friends dont like me. whats your story if willing to admit your addiction

I am unemployed too...so whenever I do find some amazing job, I won't be here as much. I'm trying to spend my time doing other things, but at my last job, we didn't have access to the internet (the owner didn't believe in the internet) so now I'm an internet junkie...should be working on my tat drawings, or reading, or painting the house....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • gunda wrote:

The internet can be a real waste of time, when you are using it to go on Facebook and other stuff...I work full time for a non-profit organization and do a lot of traveling around the U.S but I still have lotsa time to browse the internet. I should be doing other things though, like fixing up my resume and studying for the GRE's and applying to grad school. I'm planning on moving to Seattle next year so I need to look for a job and need to start sending out resumes. This website takes up a lot of my time, because I am always on it. I can't help it though, I am ADDICTED to Pearl Jam.
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    gunda wrote:
    and my friends dont like me.

Thats wierd because my enemies love me! ;)

im on here ALOT. Im basically unemployed so thats why.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • JM187052JM187052 Posts: 69
    Well I guess because I AM employed and it's a better way to pass the time then listen to the boss repeat himself all day.
  • Kurtman44Kurtman44 Posts: 161
    I do. My girlfriend always complains because she has to sit here and watch me for hours.
  • in my most recent review my boss told me that I use the net more than twice what anyone else does in our department, and it's mostly made up of "message boards". This is the only one I go to. I just can't stay away!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Wait, whats the problem? :D well one things for sure, it's not like any of us would be bringing about world peace if we werent wasting time on here. Wasting Time would be being on a Creed message board. Before this i was addicted to Aintitcoolnews.com so i think i've stepped up in class.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    are there any pj fans that are employed?

I'm emplpyed but have access to internet all the time during work.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    it's either this.. or Desperate Housewives. I'm going with this.
  • leading up to and for a little while after the tour, constantly on here.

i'm employed
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    I tell myself "just 10 minutes" but then it always ends up being 116 minutes.

It's better than television.

Now THAT'S time wasted. Pearl Jam is up on VH1...gotta go not waste more time..
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    KO282453 wrote:
    Wait, whats the problem? :D well one things for sure, it's not like any of us would be bringing about world peace if we werent wasting time on here. Wasting Time would be being on a Creed message board. Before this i was addicted to Aintitcoolnews.com so i think i've stepped up in class.

the only people who would be on a creed message board would be ones wishing they could be as big of pearl jam fans as we are. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Im here cuz im at work, and work sux (see thread: Fuck work :lol: )
    And I am RESISTING THE FACEBOOK FAGDOM. Sorry previous high-school friends who I have since realized werent really friends at all...I dont want to be your real-life friend...why would I want to be your facebook friend???...So, every time I walk by a fellow co-worker's desk and see them toolin around on facebook, thinkin theyre all cool...i come here and vent about it. They're gettin paid to do nothing, so why should I be working for my dollar?!?!?!
    Im also tryin to work up my pj message board cred....ive been here in spirit, just not physically...got lots of catchin up to do. :oops:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Kurtman44 wrote:
    I do. My girlfriend always complains because she has to sit here and watch me for hours.

Don't you let her out of that cage sometimes?! ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Im here cuz im at work, and work sux (see thread: Fuck work :lol: )
    And I am RESISTING THE FACEBOOK FAGDOM. Sorry previous high-school friends who I have since realized werent really friends at all...I dont want to be your real-life friend...why would I want to be your facebook friend???...So, every time I walk by a fellow co-worker's desk and see them toolin around on facebook, thinkin theyre all cool...i come here and vent about it. They're gettin paid to do nothing, so why should I be working for my dollar?!?!?!
    Im also tryin to work up my pj message board cred....ive been here in spirit, just not physically...got lots of catchin up to do. :oops:

i always thought there was someone lurking in the shadows.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    yeah--I admit it. I waste sooooo much of my boss' time here!!!
    :?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Lizard wrote:
    yeah--I admit it. I waste sooooo much of my boss' time here!!!
    :?
    That's me...I'm never ever on here unless I am at work. Maybe I would do more work and not come here so often if I could get paid on time and had a reason to really give a shit anymore?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all