Options

Sounds familiar?

geckogecko Posts: 1,712
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Spotted on the Neil Young News website, re concert at Meyerson Symphony Center Dallas, TX. Poster wrote:

"Okay. So long story short. I was setlist pranked by someone on Neil's crew. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't recall reading about it. It was the perfect capper to the perfect evening. When the lights came up I was out of there; took a leak and headed right for the bus area, hoping to catch a glimpse of Neil. The buses were pulling out when I got there. They didn't waste any time.

So I go back inside and take some pictures of the stage while the crew is breaking it down. There's a suit in the background who comes forward to say "everyone start clearing out". There's some young guys in a box hollering for a setlist. Could we get a setlist? But they're up too high to reach the stage. I wasn't. I looked up and there was a wad of papers stuck on top of something. That's what caught their eye. So I jump up and grab the whole stack. I had to really jump up to reach it and I've got a pile of papers in my hand and I'm thinking "Wow, I've got something really special here"!

The suit screams "give that back" and the guys up in the box cheer me on as I race out the door with my prize in hand. I hauled ass into the lobby, still looking over my shoulder but I've lost them!

I unfold the bundle of papers and there's about 20 copies of the "setlist" in my hand. Large fonts. Fills the page. It read as follows; lousey spelling in tact -

YOU DON'T
GET A
SET LIST
BECAUSE
YOUR TICKET
DOES NOT
SAY
ENTERTAINMENT
AND A SOUVENIER.
IT JUST
SAYS
THAT YOU GET
TO SEE
THE SHOW.
THAT SHOULD BE
ENOUGH.
WHAT ARE YOU
GOING TO DO
WITH A LOUSEY
PIECE OF
PAPER ANYWAY?

I laughed my ass off. Gave a couple to some guys outside that had unautographed albums in tow. It really was the perfect ending to an unforgettable night!! Thanks again Neil for a beautiful show!!"
Post edited by Unknown User on