Options

PJ Touring: By the Numbers

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Just reading through Pollstar and several of the band's May concert numbers are published:
5/20: MSG: 18,416 sold - $1,359,551 Gross
5/17, Boston: 15,600 sold - $1,211,623 Gross
5/18, Newark: 12,536 sold - $944,072 Gross
5/15, Hartford: 14,432 sold - $941,424 Gross
Not too shabby!
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    These numbers must include other things than just ticket sales because weren't all the ticket prices for all venues about the same? Yet Newark sells less tickets than Hartford, but the band grosses more?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    I know what you mean but that's not typically how Pollstar reports. My understanding that this is ticket revenue only. I can see a market like Hartford having a slightly cheaper ticket price than say Boston, NY, or Newark. If you divide the gross by the number of tickets sold the avg price for Newark is $75.30 and $65.23 for Hartford. I think that 10c tix prices are always the same across the board, but the non-10c TM ticket prices may have fluctuated. can anyone chime in as to what they paid if they bought non-10C tix?
  • Options
    I had 10c tix for Hartford, and you're right, they are essentially the same across the board, but I grabbed a ticketmaster pair for my buddy, and they were in excess of $85 each, so there's no way the avg price of tickets for Hartford was in the $65 range.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    just davejust dave Posts: 260
    must be nice to make that kind of cash albeit that would get divided by the crew and such.
  • Options
    I had 10c tix for Hartford, and you're right, they are essentially the same across the board, but I grabbed a ticketmaster pair for my buddy, and they were in excess of $85 each, so there's no way the avg price of tickets for Hartford was in the $65 range.
    hmmm? oh well, it's a shit-ton of money either way. they deserve it. also, the gross figures are calculated without all of the fees and surcharges so 65 would have been the base price. I'd say you could easily get to about 10-15 bucks worth of fees on that ticket; i.e. surcharge, facility fee, credit card fees, charity increase, etc.
  • Options
    not a bad month of work.
  • Options
    hmmm? oh well, it's a shit-ton of money either way. they deserve it. also, the gross figures are calculated without all of the fees and surcharges so 65 would have been the base price. I'd say you could easily get to about 10-15 bucks worth of fees on that ticket; i.e. surcharge, facility fee, credit card fees, charity increase, etc.
    Ahhh, that would explain it then. Anyways, thanks for posting this data he.who.forgets.
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 335
    So, they probably grossed about 10 million for the month of May. I'm in the wrong line of work :o