Hook Your Guitar to Your iPhone!!!

arqarq Posts: 8,012
edited April 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Very cool. Although that bit about uploading songs to their website in order to play along w/them seems weird. I bought a $40 VOX AC30 headphone amp several months ago and love the thing. I plug my iPod right into it and can play along through headphones to anything in my music library - granted, the effects, etc aren't as robust and diverse as something like the irig, but I love it anyway and would highly recommend it (and wish more manufacturers would get on board with it *cough* Fender *cough*):

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigati ... dphone+amp
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    thats awesome!!!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Holy crap. I've just been doing some research on this thing and I think I may be in love - you can expand your 'rig', save presets, import songs & set in/out points to loop for practicing, etc. You can even download a free version from the iTunes store and mess around w/canned demos, which I'm going to try next. If that goes well, though, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this thing. Sounds like the PERFECT mobile practice solution:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irig/videod ... hp?movie=2
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • i've been researching the iRig and similar items all weekend, this is my last stop.

i gotta say i think im sold from all the testimonials and vids i've seen. this things seems so rad!!

versatile, portable, personal...exactly what im looking for

factor in the fact that i already have some store credit at the apple store a few blocks from my house...sold!!!

i will try and report back in the coming weeks about my experience and hopefully success!!!

8-)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • RL200920RL200920 Posts: 67
    Just got mine in the mail yesterday.

I've only messed around with it for an hour or so...but so far...awesome.