Summer Evenings

pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Last evening we enjoyed the first night swim of the season.
I made my way up to the pool in the too dark yard. Tiki torches not yet filled, solar lights never getting enough sun in the woods.
It is dark, just stay on the stepping stones to avoid the land mines. Charlie is a funny guy he always gets them very close to the path! his little joke ;)
The glow from the pool light changes the water from natural to blue, green, purple, red illuminating the pine tree tops, making shadows that sway in the breeze eerily.
A beautiful summer sight, a pool at night.
I stop and take a moment to look up into the nights sky. The big dipper strategically placed above the pool by celestial design as though pouring its contents just for me. "Thank you Lord" I instinctively whisper, a sky full of stars not a bad place to live.
I pass the ponds, the frogs stop croaking at my intrusion but I know they will soon start up again. They have a need. They must speak in the dark, sing I guess. They have individual voices just like us, no two alike.
We have a hee hee frog. He makes me laugh. Tell a joke, I laugh, hee hee frog hee hees and I laugh some more, this goes on for hours. Simple pleasure for us both.
The sounds of summer.
The water is still slightly cool on my skin, but I've had my share of antifreeze this evening so in the hot Atlanta night it feels soothing. We play on our noodles, sipping wine, listening to the oldies channel, laughing with Hee hee.
I love music from the 60's and 70's. Makes me feel young again. Between JB and I we know a song and it gets sung, taking turns with the lines, both knowing the chorus in unison. I love JB he makes me very happy. I love our love.
He "surfs" his noodle around the pool and shows off with an occasional dive that emptys the pool.Quite a talented guy that one.
Another wonderful summer memory made that melts into a new day. A day made already lovely from a summer evening.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    thank you for sharing. Absolutly beautiful.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    am i the only one that wants to hang out a pandi's house? ;):mrgreen:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Sounds fun! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    can we play some iron butterfly?
    your place sounds fun.
    please pass the grass.
    :)
    love the writing you've done here.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I'd rather be there than this cold house on this cold winter day.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241
    I love sitting outside with a book and a ballgame on the radio.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    a ballgame on the radio is pure summertime, relaxing and exciting at the same time. Especially nice with the cicadas buzzing in the background.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

I miss that... I live in Albany now, and the only regular baseball radio broadcast we get is the Yankees... I can deal with John Sterling , but Suzyn Waldman makes me want to shove sharp objects into my ears.

But yeah... I want to spend an evening at Pandora's house...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful evening with us. Next time I'm flying down :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Come on down pool party's on!
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pandora wrote:

Are there multiple copies of that "Footsteps" poem hanging around your pad? I'm trying to figure out how close I could actually get to your house before being struck by lightning.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Are there multiple copies of that "Footsteps" poem hanging around your pad? I'm trying to figure out how close I could actually get to your house before being struck by lightning.
    lightning is afraid to strike us both
    you know that eyed ;)
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241

I miss that... I live in Albany now, and the only regular baseball radio broadcast we get is the Yankees... I can deal with John Sterling , but Suzyn Waldman makes me want to shove sharp objects into my ears.

But yeah... I want to spend an evening at Pandora's house...

Sterling is entertaining to me, his buffoonery kind of makes me laugh. I also listen to the Mets and at night can get the Phillies and Red Sox.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."