Options

An olive branch regarding boots

TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Hi, all. Considering six or seven out of 10 hate me for my post regarding the sound of the bootlegs recorded at 2010 shows, please let me offer this life-changing post. It's called the green smoothie, which I have imbibed for 48 straight days and feel more energetic (staying up longer), focused and alert.

Here it is ... the green smoothie. Believe me, I am not crazy. OK ... away we go ... (this is the e-mail I've been sending to family and friends).
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Drink a quart of green smoothie every day for breakfast and consider a second quart for lunch or after dinner. (I drink a half-gallon between 9 and 11 a.m. with an apple in the middle.) You'll notice The Change, as I call it. Your energy level will soar, and your attitude and mental clarity will improve — and you will begin to crave these drinks. They are the best things you can consume.

Each of these recipes produces a quart of green smoothie.

Morning smoothie (this one contains the most amount of greens and is the most important one)
Two bananas
One Granny Smith apple
One pear
Handful of frozen strawberries
Handful of frozen blueberries
Two tablespoons of flax or chia seed
A pint of orange juice
(Blend the above first — use the strongest setting such as ice crusher, switch to liquify and then add the following.)
Fistful of kale
Fistful of spinach
Fistful of dandelion
Small handful of fresh broccoli
Five baby carrots

Prelunch smoothie
One banana
One Granny Smith apple
Handful of frozen blueberries
Eight ounces of frozen Dole mixed fruit or tropical fruit
Two tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
A pint of orange juice
(Blend the above first — use the strongest setting such as ice crusher, switch to liquify and then add the following.)
Fistful of kale and/or spinach and/or dandelion (the more greens the better)

After-dinner smoothie
One banana
Eight ounces of frozen Giant or Dole mixed berries
Two tablespoons of vanilla yogurt
A pint of orange juice
Big fistful of kale and/or spinach and/or dandelion (the more greens the better)

Feel free to experiment. Just be sure you get enough greens, which is the main thing, and you can rotate different fruits and greens week by week. That's important, too. I make mine at 6 p.m. and freeze until 9 p.m., when I put it in the fridge for consumption the next morning. These drinks taste better when they have a bit of a "freezing" thickness to them.

Two important links:
— "Green for Life": http://www.amazon.com/Green-Life-Victor ... 0970481969
— Vitamix blender (I just bought one and am awaiting its arrival): http://www.vitamix.com/household/Health ... oothie.asp

The Vitamix is supposed to break down the ingredients to the cellular level, releasing more nutrients. It also can make salsa and salad ingredients in seconds. You can literally put in a whole tomato, onion, etc. It can also make hot soup from all-natural ingredients in four minutes. It's expensive, but it's an investment in time and health and seems worth it. It has a seven-year warranty.

You can view videos of the Vitamix in action here: http://www.vitamix.com/household/produc ... maxnut.asp

Let me know if you have any questions. No, I am not a Vitamix employee.