Options

Wuhlheide, 6/30/10

canuck79canuck79 Posts: 126
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Hey,

I've got a few questions about the show in Berlin @ Wuhlheide.

1) How does the 10C seating work? Is there a section of the General Admission blocked off specifically for 10C members? Or is it just a free for all, first come first served? Do the doors open earlier for 10C members, or once the venue opens, everyone and anyone with a ticket is welcome in?

2) What time are people (generally) planning on going to the venue? If there's no assigned seating then is there much point in getting there very early for the show? If you have to get food, drink, or use the bathroom then don't you just lose whatever spot you had?

3) What type of ID will be required to pick up 10C tickets? I don't want to go to the show with my passport. Will I be ok with my driver's license, even though it's not from Germany (or Europe) and in English/French?

This will be my first time seeing Pearl Jam in Berlin (and outside North America) and I'm very stoked to see them in Berlin!!! Flying solo for the show. And yes, my other 10C ticket has been spoken for already (sorry if you are still looking).

A bientot et merci!
"Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
----
1998 - Montreal 8/20
2003 - Montreal 6/29
2006 - Boston 5/24, Boston 5/25
2008 - Mansfield, MA 6/28
2009 - Toronto 8/21
2010 - Buffalo 5/10, Berlin, DE 6/30
2011 - East Troy, WI 9/3, East Troy, WI 9/4, Toronto 9/11, Toronto 9/12, Hamilton, ON 9/15
2013 - London, ON 7/16
2016 - Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto 5/12, Boston 8/7
2018 - London, UK 6/18, Milan, IT 6/22, Chicago 8/18, Chicago 8/20
2022 - Hamilton, ON 09/06, Toronto 09/08, Nashville 09/16
2023 - Chicago 09/07, Austin, TX 09/18, Austin, TX 09/19
EV Solo
2008 - Toronto 8/13
2011 - Detroit 6/26
TOTD
2016 - NYC 11/7
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    luke.harvey3luke.harvey3 Posts: 283
    Last year tickets were about 1pm? but its in a park so plenty of people around to hang and talk to! I'm from England and Passport has always been used to get tickets. And no section is blocked off at the front but there was half an hour early entry. last year by which time there was so many 10clubbers and GA's were been let in from the other gates! but 10C gate took you to the front of the stage!

Hope thats everything! and enjoy the show!

See you in Berlin!
  • Options
    canuck79canuck79 Posts: 126
    If the venue opens @ 1300, does that mean you are just sitting around, waiting for hours? I think Ben Harper & the Rentless 7 are scheduled to come on at 1930. Do you get to hear the soundcheck by PJ? And what about if you need to eat/get a drink/hear the call of nature? Then does that basically mean you wasted your time getting there early then vacating your spot to get up and get food/drink/bathroom break?

Did you have to use a passport to get your ticket? Or does a driver's license work? I just don't want to go to a rock show with 17,000 other people and always be worried about losing my passport when I should be enjoying the music.

Thanks for the info!
    "Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
    ----
    1998 - Montreal 8/20
    2003 - Montreal 6/29
    2006 - Boston 5/24, Boston 5/25
    2008 - Mansfield, MA 6/28
    2009 - Toronto 8/21
    2010 - Buffalo 5/10, Berlin, DE 6/30
    2011 - East Troy, WI 9/3, East Troy, WI 9/4, Toronto 9/11, Toronto 9/12, Hamilton, ON 9/15
    2013 - London, ON 7/16
    2016 - Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto 5/12, Boston 8/7
    2018 - London, UK 6/18, Milan, IT 6/22, Chicago 8/18, Chicago 8/20
    2022 - Hamilton, ON 09/06, Toronto 09/08, Nashville 09/16
    2023 - Chicago 09/07, Austin, TX 09/18, Austin, TX 09/19
    EV Solo
    2008 - Toronto 8/13
    2011 - Detroit 6/26
    TOTD
    2016 - NYC 11/7
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    canuck79 wrote:
    Hey,

I've got a few questions about the show in Berlin @ Wuhlheide.

1) How does the 10C seating work? Is there a section of the General Admission blocked off specifically for 10C members? Or is it just a free for all, first come first served? Do the doors open earlier for 10C members, or once the venue opens, everyone and anyone with a ticket is welcome in?

I think last time seating + standing go in at the same time and you can go choose whatever you want so it is GA for everything. Yes 10c gets early entry so 15 mins before the public.

Last time the doors opened early for 10c, then everyone went to another area where they had a BBQ and a bar where they were playing loads of 90s tunes. The line was reformed here again last time due to this 2nd area.

2) What time are people (generally) planning on going to the venue? If there's no assigned seating then is there much point in getting there very early for the show? If you have to get food, drink, or use the bathroom then don't you just lose whatever spot you had?

Hard to call when people 'generally' get to the venue. Just get someone to get food for you or just take turns in going to the toilet? However whilst queuing if you get there early enough you will be given a number which allows you within reason to go off and get stuff like food etc then close to the time to doors opening the line is reassembled with the numbers everyone got.

3) What type of ID will be required to pick up 10C tickets? I don't want to go to the show with my passport. Will I be ok with my driver's license, even though it's not from Germany (or Europe) and in English/French?

Why not take your passport?

This will be my first time seeing Pearl Jam in Berlin (and outside North America) and I'm very stoked to see them in Berlin!!! Flying solo for the show. And yes, my other 10C ticket has been spoken for already (sorry if you are still looking).

A bientot et merci!

Just read you were flying solo, I guess if you loose your seating spot then you can always find your way. People tend to be respectful so if you stay somewhere for a while they should let you back in and your only 1 person so I'm sure you can squeeze in somewhere.
  • Options
    edibervanedibervan Posts: 243
    Thanks, guys, for your careful inputs!
    I am flying all the way from Brazil for this gig and it is my first time using a 10c tix, so... every info counts!
    ;)

Still, I have a nother doubt. Maybe you can help me...
    Will I receive an e-mail containing tickets number or any other sign/code so I can present at the will call box once I'm there?
    I mean, I know this sounds silly, but it is the first time I bought a ticket for anything... without having already in hands an order number or any number for what it's worth...
    just because you breathe it doesn't mean you're alive...