Options

new rock band comes with a real guitar

megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
a strat??

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1096085p1.html

Don't go thinking Rock Band 3 is just another music game sequel with a batch of new songs and little innovation. Developer Harmonix is turning up the volume for the third game in a big way.

As reported by USA Today, the third title will introduce a 25-key MIDI keyboard controller, and two new, stringed guitar controllers; one of which is a full-sized, fully functional Fender Squier Stratocaster. The other guitar controller is a Fender Mustang Pro from peripheral maker Mad Catz.

"It can tell where your fingers are based on technology in the neck and the bridge of the guitar. No buttons," Harmonix said. "While you're playing it, it feels exactly like playing a real guitar."

Rock Band 3 will also include a new expert "Pro" mode that will allow players to learn and develop their skills by replacing the colored-coded tabs with real music notes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I know I may end up sounding like old man Randy Marsh, but if you are going to take the time to learn this new complicated video game guitar, why not try just go all-in and get a real guitar?

Carry on my wayward son . . .
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Jason P wrote:
    I know I may end up sounding like old man Randy Marsh, but if you are going to take the time to learn this new complicated video game guitar, why not try just go all-in and get a real guitar?

Carry on my wayward son . . .

guitar-queer-o-20071108025653425.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Got_SomeGot_Some Posts: 77
    Could be a blow to guitar teachers.

I'm all for it though.
  • Options
    i'd get it to keep my practicing...if it really works like its supposed to. could be fun
  • Options
    Idk...i sweated and toiled and blistered my fingers up on a real guitar for years to be able to swoon pretty girls at campfires and concerts...

Can a video game do that for you?

I think not!

:lol::lol:;)
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    Idk...i sweated and toiled and blistered my fingers up on a real guitar for years to be able to swoon pretty girls at campfires and concerts...

Can a video game do that for you?

I think not!

:lol::lol:;)

the man has a point..

luckily playing a video game can never top our awesomeness as "guitar guy"

http://msuma.wrzuta.pl/film/1zMf5QLJxZa ... y_guy_6x04
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I remember reading about this awhile ago. Apparently, George Harrison's kid helped them make it.
  • Options
    Sister Christian will makes its appearance
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    Thus ends the Guitar Hero dynasty.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    like your average joe rock band fan is gonna wanna learn a real instrument :|

i think its a great thing though... atleast compared to the old controller... actually might teach some songs... frat boys will probably have alot more crappy covers in their arsenal... WA HOO
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    FirstExit wrote:
    Thus ends the Guitar Hero dynasty.

it already has ended...