Girls Night In **WARNING** no pillow fights inside...

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My 17 year old daughter...almost 18...will be heading off to Temple University in the autumn. She is very busy with her life...plays, singing, working, friends...when she is home I am occupied with the little ones. We don't get to spend much time alone together, so last night we decided to have a girls night in.

I put the kids to bed and we spent an hour or so talking about the leaked song...she listened to it and said when the drums kicked in at one point she could actually see herself in Africa. She said she would also love to hear just the music without Ed singing...she was moved by it. I was shocked! How dare she :lol: ! She indulged me probably a little longer than she would normally have...she knows where my passion lies.

After the fun festivities of talking about the new song we rented a movie. Okay...hold on to your hats...it was Dear John. Come on now...it's girls night in...not guys night! I thought it was fantastic but then again I loved The Notebook...the same person wrote both :D . Well let's just say...we were a wet snotty mess by the time the movie was over. We cried so hard...and laughed so hard that we were crying so hard ...we cried even more. It was nice to spend time with her...

If your a silly sentimental person and you want a good cry...see this film... :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    You should have made the warning bigger
    :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    You should have made the warning bigger
    :shock:
    :lol:
  • If that's what you like, it's what you like!

Glad you two had a good time.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the warning could have been more specific ...

**very girlie inside** is sure to make every guy on this board open this thread ... always that potential about some pillow fight in underwear kinda thing ... :lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

**very girlie inside** is sure to make every guy on this board open this thread ... always that potential about some pillow fight in underwear kinda thing ... :lol::lol:
    now you know I'm a mom...I wouldn't do that...and talk about it here... ;)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I probably would have chosen Point Break and Predator to watch, but to each their own. ;)

And yeah, I was expecting something along the lines of a pillow fight as well . . . :(
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    polaris_x wrote:

Which is exactly what I'm doing here. Dammit.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    fixed... :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

:lol::lol::lol: u changed it
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Girls Night In *****WARNING***** very girlie inside

...it's too late.

*shutter*
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Is she leaving her baby at home with you?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    she doesn't have children...my 20 year old has a baby...she's all grown up now.
    justam wrote:

Oh. That explains it!
    I just remember when you said your daughter had a baby. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    justam wrote:

Oh. That explains it!
    I just remember when you said your daughter had a baby. ;)
    yes...justam...I am getting old...it will be strange this autumn when it will be just the two little ones at home...
    I'm a bit worried about the empty nest issue too. My son is applying to college this fall and my little one will be thirteen in a few days... :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    I'm a bit worried about the empty nest issue too. My son is applying to college this fall and my little one will be thirteen in a few days... :?
    it goes by so quickly...now your going to get me crying again...all that girlie stuff that was promised to be in this thread... :lol: :oops:
    justam wrote:
    it goes by so quickly...now your going to get me crying again...all that girlie stuff that was promised to be in this thread... :lol: :oops:

Oh no! :oops: I'm not usually into girlie stuff.
    I'm an intellectual! :geek:
    :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    justam wrote:

Oh no! :oops: I'm not usually into girlie stuff.
    I'm an intellectual! :geek:
    :mrgreen:
    :lol:
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Dammit! I saw the words "pillow fight" and "WARNING" and immediately went to look for pics. :x :lol: