Options

No more TEN Super Deluxe box set?

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I was looking forward to buying it and I don't see it in the goods store. I'm close to getting a job and I was going to buy this for all the cool stuff in it. I have the Ten CD and vinyl, I would've given the CD and vinyl from the boxset to someone. I really wanted the Drop in the Park vinyl and the DVD and all the cool extras.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029
    you can still get it on amazon
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I always see them at Best Buy too.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Thanks! I'm just shocked it's not on Pearl Jam's store.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,295
    Waste. Of. Money. They sold this as the beginning of a huge re-issue collection piece and lead us to believe that we would have the other albums in a special way. We were all sold bad info on this one. If Im wrong 10club please post SOMETHING and let us know what the deal is with the other re-issues.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Check your PM's
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Check your PM's
    Is this for the op or the post above you? If the post above you, do you have secret info on upcoming reissues?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Check your PM's
    Is this for the op or the post above you? If the post above you, do you have secret info on upcoming reissues?

A while back I had read that the individual at Sony in charge of the reissues had been laid off and that there would probably not be any more. Someone posted this on this board so it might not be accurate at all.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Check your PM's

Unfortunately no. I have a virtually brand new version of this one for sale.
  • Options
    TiraterraTiraterra Posts: 11
    I'm tore on the idea of more reissues. On the one hand, PJ reissuing their entire catalogue sounded like a wet dream for us long-time fans. On the other hand, Ten was their only studio album that needed any serious updates in production; that problem was pretty much fixed once Brendan O'Brien came around. All the extra tracks and packaging would be cool, but us longtime fans already have a lot of that stuff anyways. To me the whole project seemed more an effort to get a new generation into Pearl Jam than it was an attempt to please the fans. Honestly, I could survive with no more reissues.
    Taylor A. Tiraterra
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I thought the set was going for $150 on 10c, and now I see it for $199 @ Amazon, and $239 @ Best Buy? WTF ?!? Ebay here I come! (Grrrr! :cry: )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    DS114969 wrote:
    Check your PM's

A while back I had read that the individual at Sony in charge of the reissues had been laid off and that there would probably not be any more. Someone posted this on this board so it might not be accurate at all.

Sounds familiar. :geek:
  • Options
    JaySinJaySin Posts: 87
    edited June 2010
    I have a couple of Ten Super Deluxe box set for sale. Still sealed. Asking $150 including shipping in Canada, $175 including shipping to US and $200 including shipping worldwide. I can accept PayPal so it is a safe transaction for everyone involved. If interested send me a PM.
    Post edited by JaySin on
  • Options
    Best Buy sells these sets in the store?
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options

No, they ship it to you, no in store pick up either. I wouldn't pay $239+ shipping+tax...geez here tax is like 10% inagine how much that would end up being...prob like $280!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    zchick wrote:

No, they ship it to you, no in store pick up either. I wouldn't pay $239+ shipping+tax...geez here tax is like 10% inagine how much that would end up being...prob like $280!

yes they do sell them in the stores, ive seen them many times....as recently as march
  • Options
    Mcam55 wrote:
    zchick wrote:

yes they do sell them in the stores, ive seen them many times....as recently as march

I don't go to Best Buy, I think they are way overpriced, I just looked online and their website says that it isn't available for store pick-up...I'm just going off that.

- Christopher McCandless