Options

anyone good with computers??

WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I put one of my bootlegs in my laptop at work. Now it won't come back out :?

Really don't want to call the IT dept. and say my Pearl Jam CD is stuck inside my laptop...

Anyone have any tips for me lol??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Pry that bitch open and get your PJ disc back. :D Seriously sometimes in your media player there is an eject option. Look for that.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    or you can right click on the drive icon and there should be an eject option or reboot and hit eject on the drive could work then
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    I know my PC at work sometimes requires some, mm, convincing, before it will eject a disc.

There is a small hole, for which the end of a (straightened-out) paperclip is a perfect fit. Push the end of the paperclip in, and voila, manual eject.
  • Options
    oona left wrote:
    I know my PC at work sometimes requires some, mm, convincing, before it will eject a disc.

There is a small hole, for which the end of a (straightened-out) paperclip is a perfect fit. Push the end of the paperclip in, and voila, manual eject.

that is exactly what they just did! if only i had waited two more minutes...

i was getting nervous they'd all leave for the day though!

I must be even worse than I thought with computers... someone else from IT just sent me an email that actually said this:

"There should be a button on the tray itself to eject the disk."

LOL

thanks for your help everyone!!
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    WM31482 wrote:
    oona left wrote:

that is exactly what they just did! if only i had waited two more minutes...

i was getting nervous they'd all leave for the day though!

I must be even worse than I thought with computers... someone else from IT just sent me an email that actually said this:

"There should be a button on the tray itself to eject the disk."

LOL

thanks for your help everyone!!

Doh!!! I should have answered sooner.

Now you know for next time: Ask your PJ friends, and sit tight. We'll get back to you!
  • Options
    this actually really is true.

that's why i asked my random question here in the first place-

next time i will be more patient

but i swear no matter what it is, the answer exists on this message board