Options

The Goonies - 25 years later

IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    goonies.jpg
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Its our time down here!

Fucking great movie. I did a pilgrimage to Astoria when I was in college. Worth it for sure.

Its all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    200904_Goonies-reunion.jpg
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I think I've been searching for adventure and lost treasure for the last 25 years.... Coincidence?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    i wana get beer with Chunk!!! and i've Always wanted to plimpton Martha :D
  • Options
    classic movie, one of my favorites.

BAby Ruth
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    The thing I learned from that movie is that pirates had unlimited time and money to come up with elaborate boobie-traps, like an organ made out of bones that had some kind of contraption to make parts of the floor drop if the wrong note was hit.

Seriously, were there pirate-contractors using pirate-scaffolding to create that contraption?

...I saw that movie 7 times in the theater when that came out 25 years ago. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:

Martha Plimpton... Whatever happened to her? I think she was on CSI or Law and Order recently. She looks the same. Wishing you luck on your Plimping. (I think you created a new euphemism and I plan on using it. Thanks.)

• Options
    One eyed Willy was Industrious!!!
  • Options
    sjhsf wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

Martha Plimpton... Whatever happened to her? I think she was on CSI or Law and Order recently. She looks the same. Wishing you luck on your Plimping. (I think you created a new euphemism and I plan on using it. Thanks.)

She did a lot of Broadway for awhile, there's a new sitcom starting soon called "Raising Hope" she's in, but it doesn't look good, probably won't last.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    CJMST3K wrote:
    The thing I learned from that movie is that pirates had unlimited time and money to come up with elaborate boobie-traps, like an organ made out of bones that had some kind of contraption to make parts of the floor drop if the wrong note was hit.

Seriously, were there pirate-contractors using pirate-scaffolding to create that contraption?

My day to reply to the Hoff, I guess. As a Simpsons' fan, surely you recall the scene (in someone's imagination) where the pirates are burying their treasure and the one kind of fem pirate says something like, "I know we usually bury all the treasure, but what if this time we used it to buy things we like?" Of course, the gruff pirate captain shoots the guy dead on the spot. :lol:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    sjhsf wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

She did a lot of Broadway for awhile, there's a new sitcom starting soon called "Raising Hope" she's in, but it doesn't look good, probably won't last.

WOW! You really want to Plimpton Martha. Awesome.

• Options
    The guy who played Chunk is probably sick and tired of thistruffleshuffle.gif
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Goonies Never Say Die!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    If Martha's Good Enough For River she's Good Enough for ME :D

p.s. if you check out my avatar you will notice my wife and martha look alot alike!!!

Not a coincidence. :twisted:
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Mama! You been Baddd! "Ohhhhh, it was for your own good!"
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,868
    one of my favorites, Dana's accent when he yells out his invention names is the best

just about everything in that movie is perfect

Who'd have known one eyed willy was the original keeper of the one ring
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    The guy who played Chunk is probably sick and tired of thistruffleshuffle.gif

I read somewhere that when he was in university, he ran for a positiion in the University Student Council. His slogan was "Vote for Chunk!". He won.

Now I believe he is a pretty successful entertainment lawyer in LA.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Rocky.. Road?
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    still one of the greatest lines in a movie

I don't know if it's an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we'll all B-Flat
  • Options
    still one of the greatest lines in a movie

I don't know if it's an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we'll all B-Flat

"Follow them size Five's"
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    Definitely one of the top 3 movies I saw as a kid and still watch on a regular basis today. I too made the pilgrimage to Astoria in 07 and stopped by the Goonies house. Took a couple of pics next to it, then went down to Canon Beach to see the haystacks. Really neat area. As a kid I thought it was filmed in Astoria, Queens!!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

"It's like a stoner-free "Big Lebowski" fest."

:lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    eyedclaar wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

My day to reply to the Hoff, I guess. As a Simpsons' fan, surely you recall the scene (in someone's imagination) where the pirates are burying their treasure and the one kind of fem pirate says something like, "I know we usually bury all the treasure, but what if this time we used it to buy things we like?" Of course, the gruff pirate captain shoots the guy dead on the spot. :lol:

I do remember that! T'was a good line. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    GOD DAMNIT. Why do I always find out about this shit a moment too late? This would've been awesome.

And don't even get me started on Martha Plimpton.....ugh...
  • Options
    GOD DAMNIT. Why do I always find out about this shit a moment too late? This would've been awesome.

:o:lol:

it's a childhood crush thing.
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    If Martha's Good Enough For River she's Good Enough for ME :D

p.s. if you check out my avatar you will notice my wife and martha look alot alike!!!

Not a coincidence. :twisted:

Hot.

• Options
    KO282453 wrote:

FINE. Here it goes then. Ever see her in 'Parenthood'? Where IN THE FUCK does she get off being the slutty daughter who has a boyfriend with the looks of Keanu Reeves(And, yes, I'm a dude. I can just admit when a man is handsome.)??? Seriously. The casting director for that movie should be shot or someone owed her father a favor or something cause there's noooo way she should've been in that role. Get someone who would've made more sense - like Nicole Eggert or someone. The real Martha Plimpton would be kissing the feet of Keanu Reeves and giving him blowjobs while he's on the can in the morning if this was reality. Ugly lady. No where near a childhood crush. Martha Plimpton = my blood boiling.

Ahhhhh, all better.
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:

FINE. Here it goes then. Ever see her in 'Parenthood'? Where IN THE FUCK does she get off being the slutty daughter who has a boyfriend with the looks of Keanu Reeves(And, yes, I'm a dude. I can just admit when a man is handsome.)??? Seriously. The casting director for that movie should be shot or someone owed her father a favor or something cause there's noooo way she should've been in that role. Get someone who would've made more sense - like Nicole Eggert or someone. The real Martha Plimpton would be kissing the feet of Keanu Reeves and giving him blowjobs while he's on the can in the morning if this was reality. Ugly lady. No where near a childhood crush. Martha Plimpton = my blood boiling.

Ahhhhh, all better.

As a woman and a freshman year in college "lesbian" I completely disagree. Martha Plimpton was, is and always will be hot. Though no longer a freshman, I can still appreciate her hot kinda nerdy quality.

• Options
    sjhsf wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

Ahhhhh, all better.

As a woman and a freshman year in college "lesbian" I completely disagree. Martha Plimpton was, is and always will be hot. Though no longer a freshman, I can still appreciate her hot kinda nerdy quality.

Well, then agree to disagree. F Martha Pimplestick.