Options

late bonnaroo rumors!!

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited June 2010 in Other Music
been hearing that mmj will make a surprise apperance! has there ever been someone to make a specail apperance at bonnaroo. anyone? their dates are open for the time at bonnaroo.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i made a special appearance in 08...

haven't really heard of any rumors being true of late rumors.
    but if any band would..i could see mmj just showin up
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Jimmy Buffett played last year and was only announced on Thursday. People kept telling me that all day Friday and I assumed they didn't know their asses from a hole in the ground because the Coral Reefer All-Stars were already scheduled, but he was actually there. I really didn't believe it until I saw the pictures although I was pretty sure I heard his voice drifting through the air in the minutes just before Alejandro Escovedo started his set

I would say it's quite possible the rumors are true....but I wouldn't necessarily believe it til I saw it :D
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I'll be there - pretty excited.

Rumors are probably coming from Kings of Leon. Their lead singer has a throat infection that caused them to cancel their show last night - he's reportedly not allowed to sing until Wednesday/Thursday and then see how his throat feels. With Bonnaroo on Friday, most people are speculating that they might have to drop out of their set - leaving Bonnaroo without a headliner. And, as we all know, My Morning Jacket LOVES Bonnaroo and the feeling is mutual - so who better to step in the spot than My Morning Jacket?

It's half wishful thinking, half reality (if KoL can't play, Bonnaroo needs a replacement and MMJ is probably cheaper than other options, available, willing and satisfactory for the crowd).

Chances of them doing a 'surprise' appearance on the Which Stage on Saturday night? Unlikely .... but I wouldn't complain :D:)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    drew0 wrote:
    I'll be there - pretty excited.

Rumors are probably coming from Kings of Leon. Their lead singer has a throat infection that caused them to cancel their show last night - he's reportedly not allowed to sing until Wednesday/Thursday and then see how his throat feels. With Bonnaroo on Friday, most people are speculating that they might have to drop out of their set - leaving Bonnaroo without a headliner. And, as we all know, My Morning Jacket LOVES Bonnaroo and the feeling is mutual - so who better to step in the spot than My Morning Jacket?

It's half wishful thinking, half reality (if KoL can't play, Bonnaroo needs a replacement and MMJ is probably cheaper than other options, available, willing and satisfactory for the crowd).

Chances of them doing a 'surprise' appearance on the Which Stage on Saturday night? Unlikely .... but I wouldn't complain :D:)
    Enjoy yourself! I'm kinda bummed now that it's here that I'm not going this year. I'm still taking my vacation this week though so I'm gonna have my own little Bonnaroo in the backyard
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    yes i heard about caleb getting sick and all. so yeah that would make sense, but we will see. leaving in about 2 hours.