runawayrunaway Posts: 427
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Music is the universal language
What's better than a cigar? Ed with a sitar
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    can someone put this on youtube please?? I tried but I don't have the right format in my computer....thanx
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    please share your thoughts....
    Post edited by runaway on
  • Options
    Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    Didn't we already go over this silly video?
  • Options
    I am not sure why you think it is "silly"...the sea creatures, birds, and everything else are already harmed. This is just a cool solution compared to absolutely nothing!!!
  • Options
    THANKS FOR MAKING THIS A STICKY!! ROCK ON!!!!
  • Options
    maybe not....mods, could this be a sticky?? I have no idea what the little red asterick means....
  • Options
    murphyJammermurphyJammer Posts: 120
    Please post this where it belongs, All Encompassing Trip or A Moving Train. This is not related to Pearl Jam's music, this is not the correct board for it.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • Options
    Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    It is silly because the have been using straw since the oil started encroaching on the coast. I’m sure they used straw in 1989 in Alaska too, these two twits are simply recreating the wheel. I have not herd an official reason as to why this can’t be used in open water I do have my own theory. I think given the amount of oil the straw will become so saturated it will start to sink, just like the birds. Once that happens the oil is then in the water as opposed to on the water. I also worry that if this oil coated straw where to sink it would be treated life food by many fish and since the oceans food chain feasts off itself I can see it causing another disaster altogether.

Bottom line it is known that oil adheres to straw if they are only using it in certain areas there must be a reason.

And the red asterisk means you posted to the thread. :mrgreen: