Options

Work < MSG Shows on PJ Radio

UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Title says it all..........I'mma start tailgaiting around 10am tomorrow........70 degrees and sunny ......

Theres just no way I can to go work with a clear conscious knowing the MSGs are playing.... :mrgreen:

In the words of Dana Carvey: "Not gonna do it.......Wouldn't be prudent."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Didn't King George Bush say that?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:

Yeah, I just didn't feel like quoting a Bush though
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Tailgating.... Good fuckin idea! Where ya at?
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    UpSideDown wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

Yeah, I just didn't feel like quoting a Bush though
    Enjoy your day off. As soon as I get home I'll be ordering em. Can't wait to relive Fri night.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i thought about it, but my bosses is on vacation, it "Will Look Bad" :roll: , but i'll still probably get up and go to work tomorrow, god i feel dirty just typing it. Come on Tomorrow Night!!!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,675
    I must not be a true fan anymore. There is no way I would ever change my plans to listen to a PJ show I went to on PJ radio. PJ radio is awesome, and if I could listen to it at work I would, but to take a day off just to listen to a PJ show you can download that evening? It is time for me to turn in my Ten Club membership.

The thing I don't get anymore is the excitement for the bootlegs. There are just so many of them. There is nothing different about MSG 2010 except for 3 or 4 songs than the music from the other 2010 or 2009 bootlegs.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down, I'm just saying I don't get the hype for bootlegs anymore. Maybe I've gone to too many shows.
  • Options
    I must not be a true fan anymore. There is no way I would ever change my plans to listen to a PJ show I went to on PJ radio. PJ radio is awesome, and if I could listen to it at work I would, but to take a day off just to listen to a PJ show you can download that evening? It is time for me to turn in my Ten Club membership.

The thing I don't get anymore is the excitement for the bootlegs. There are just so many of them. There is nothing different about MSG 2010 except for 3 or 4 songs than the music from the other 2010 or 2009 bootlegs.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down, I'm just saying I don't get the hype for bootlegs anymore. Maybe I've gone to too many shows.

1) I love the 2010 shows thus far
    2) I hate my job
  • Options

I agree....... YOU AREN"T A TRUE PEARL JAM FAN ANYMORE! Go ahead turn in your membership..telephone tuff guy, bet you won't. Better not ever see you at a show again, gonna get burned at the stake! HeHe.... :twisted:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Title says it all..........I'mma start tailgaiting around 10am tomorrow........70 degrees and sunny ......

Theres just no way I can to go work with a clear conscious knowing the MSGs are playing.... :mrgreen:

For real..Where's the tailgatin goin down? I got Coronas....... :mrgreen:

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    1) I love the 2010 shows thus far
    2) I hate my job

YAHTZEE!!
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I must not be a true fan anymore.

No you are. You just aren't psychotic about it like some people around here. I like your type of fan better.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724

Well said
    NERDS!
  • Options
    UpSideDown wrote:

For real..Where's the tailgatin goin down? I got Coronas....... :mrgreen:

Erie,PA.........if u can find it, come on over!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    So are you going to go out by your car and drinks beers by yourself to tailgate?
  • Options
    RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467

kinda funny considering your name is bootlegger :D ...i definitely see your point though - i look forward to the boots but i can def wait until they come in the mail
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    I am listening at work :P 8-):lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    totally worth it!
  • Options
    MSG 1 DOWN, MSG 2 STARTIN ANY SECOND!!! WHOOHOOO!!!
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    just walked in as Corduroy started...perfect.
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    I'm listening at work (with headphones) and so far haven't had major interruptions. Although I'm not getting anything done at all and most likely will have to work really late tonight, but what the hell.... it's worth it!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Rushed home from school to catch MSG2, will listen to MSG1 in its entirety tonight (ended up catching 1/2 of Alive and Indifference)

Nothing like reliving a show you were at, especially these shows being so very special to me!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Fuck fuck fuck.
    Nothingman and I want to cry.
    At work.......
    hee
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    It's Offical, it wasn't just the BEER, this is AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    It's Offical, it wasn't just the BEER, this is AWESOME!!!

+1, although the beer is adding to the awesomeness now