Options

stickman tatoo saved my life i swear.

momma_sonmomma_son Posts: 51
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Alright, so here it is. I got my stickman tat on my back 15 years ago and it finally paid off on 5/28/10.
A bunch of friends and I were standing on my buds 2nd story deck grilling good food when I leaned my back against the railing with my beverage in hand and to my suprise...the railing was completly rotten. I fell 12 feet (my friends said I did 1.5 flips) and landed squarly on a bush directly on my stickman.

8 hours later I walked out of the ER with a compression fracture in my t-12 vertabrae but not much more. It's going to heal on it's own they say and until then I just need to deal with the pain. I have counted my blessings everyday since then and have found a new respect for "life wasted". Everyone there said they thought I was a goner especially since I missed a landscape boulder by about 2 feet.

It was funny when I was lying in my friends house trying to regain any bit of breathing I could and one of them lifted up my shirt (cleveland pj t of course) to check the damage and said "i'm not sure if your tatoo is gonna make it". I laughed as best I could and thanked my stickman, i know he, if not someone was looking out for me that night.

do me a favor and hug your loved ones, life and health are precious and fragile. I thought I lost both that night.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sucks that you fell, but a tatoo didn't save your life.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Good to know you're ok. Hope the healing goes fast.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    thats a crazy story! i dont deny the power of the stickman. ill be getting one in a few months...
    pj basically saved my life and i dont doubt that the stickman will too!

have a quick recovery, brotha.
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Did you make a new user name AFTER that incident???? ;)

glad you are ok....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Fuck... My stickman is on my left arm........ Not too vital of an organ huh? Sorry had to do it... These PJ Radio boots got me nuts!
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Stickman is only our version of Jesus, so i believe it saves you! You're one lucky man!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    It's spelled tattoo, not tatoo.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    momma_sonmomma_son Posts: 51
    Lizard wrote:
    Did you make a new user name AFTER that incident???? ;)

glad you are ok....

HA!

no...i changed it awhile ago, but very coincidental.

thanks for all the good thoughts.

and yeah, it's tattoo. of course i miss spell it on the the thread title. :x