Options

i hate to say it .....and its killing me to admit it

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited June 2010 in The Porch
... but i think i need a break from pearl jam ... I KNOW I KNOW ... but really i find myself only listening to pearl jam ... for days/weeks at a time .. i can put my ipod on shuffle and when the next song comes on WITH IN SECONDS of the first few notes i can tell you where it is from and what date ...keep in mind i have EVERY SINGLE SOUNDBOARD RECORDING EVER RECORDED from 1992-2010 that i know of .well over 15,000 songs... i think over did it . its about to lose its luster for me and i dont want it to happen.

so im putting down my ipod...turning off my itunes and spinning the radio dial for the next month ...MAYBE listen to a studio every now and then ...but thats it

anyone ever feel that way ? feel like your over doing it .

my grandma always use to tell me ... everything is good for you. just dont over do it ...
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    But this week the MSG bootlegs are about to hit!

I do go through extended periods where I stay away from Pearl Jam, to keep it as fresh as possible when I go back.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    EFF ME .. i forgot about the MSG boots .......dam you pearl jam .......dam youuuuuuuuu
  • Options
    ok i think i might start this july 1st ..... :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    joe2468 wrote:
    EFF ME .. i forgot about the MSG boots .......dam you pearl jam .......dam youuuuuuuuu
    :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Thanks for letting us know. 15,000 songs? :roll:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i haven't listened to pearl jam since i was at msg 2

btw- how do you have soundboard recordings from 92-2010. i didn't know those were on the net.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Thanks for letting us know. 15,000 songs? :roll:

anytime :wave:
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    i haven't listened to pearl jam since i was at msg 2

btw- how do you have soundboard recordings from 92-2010. i didn't know those were on the net.

your joking rite ?
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Man, get out there and listen to some different music! You think Eddie only listens to The Who nonstop and no one else? There are so many great bands out there to check out. Start with some Dr. Dog and thank me later
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Man, get out there and listen to some different music! You think Eddie only listens to The Who nonstop and no one else? There are so many great bands out there to check out. Start with some Dr. Dog and thank me later

+1

There is too much good music out there to be obsessed with one band which the OP clearly is. When you have that much and you post a thread like this, you cross the line between fan and obsessed. What do your friends/family say about this OP?
  • Options
    rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Its good to take a little break to see what else is out there, But not for too long
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • Options
    i'll be honest its not that im obsessed ... more like im to lazy to eject the cd...turn off my ipod...etc etc . its really not as bad as it sounds ..i just have sick memory..at concerts i can tell you what they are about to play when mike its the first two cords when getting ready to start the song you know to make sure his guitar is tuned for it..... if im not listening to pearl jam im listening to AM radio ..either news radio or sports radio .. i throw on 101.9 wrxp (newyork area) every once in while but when i think about it its about 80% Pearl Jam all the time ..
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    joe2468 wrote:
    i'll be honest its not that im obsessed ... more like im to lazy to eject the cd...turn off my ipod...etc etc . its really not as bad as it sounds ..i just have sick memory..at concerts i can tell you what they are about to play when mike its the first two cords when getting ready to start the song you know to make sure his guitar is tuned for it..... if im not listening to pearl jam im listening to AM radio ..either news radio or sports radio .. i throw on 101.9 wrxp (newyork area) every once in while but when i think about it its about 80% Pearl Jam all the time ..

At the show I can usually tell by those test chords as well...amazes my fiance' every time I do it. Helps me keep her!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

At the show I can usually tell by those test chords as well...amazes my fiance' every time I do it. Helps me keep her!!!!!! :D
    :lol::lol: im sure their is a lot of us that pick up on that ...
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    There's a lot of great music out there to discover but you're not going to find any of it by listening to the radio.

Hang out in some music forums, discover some stuff wildly different to what you're used to (jazz/classical/whatever might float your boat).

Get busy downloading some stuff - it's a big wide world out there and it's a great time to be a music fan. Let's face it, you can hear virtually anything you want to almost instantaneously and for free (don't give me the "that's stealing" argument - it's over, the record industry lost). There's too much good music out there to limit yourself to one band that much. Have fun.

What sort of other stuff are you into already? Maybe I can start you off with some suggestions of stuff to look into.