Options

Road Trip With In-Laws and Pearl Jam

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited June 2010 in The Porch
So my in-laws, who I get along with terrifically, were up at our house for the weekend... My F-in-Law who I call dad, has been really sick and could not handle making the 7 hour car ride home and his car seat was broken all the way at the fathest point making it impossible for my vertically challenged MIL to drive :lol:

I insisted on driving them home and took a flight back this AM (that's a whole other story).

Anyway just as we were about to leave, my Kufala shipment arrived with 5 2010 boots :mrgreen: . They boys refused to let me take the concerts they were at, so I grabbed Columbus on my way out the door.

To be considerate, I let them listen to classical music for the first couple of hours... When it seemed appropraite I asked if they would mind if I could throw on the concert. Fearing the worst I kept the volume at a minimum level... Within the first couple of songs my MIL asked me to turn it up :?

She could do without the punk rockers but really got into Come back and Black and Alive, etc etc. She started understanding why I took her grand kids to the shows and said that it really was a lot better than she thought it was going to be :lol:

So kudos to her for getting into something that her grankids and son in law love :D

PS - She did blow it though. After YL she said Eddie's voice reminded her of Neil Diamond :lol::mrgreen:

Anyone else dare play it for the in laws??
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Neil Diamond?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Must get visual (audialal) out of my mind

I know an Inlaw of an inlaw (probably age 67?) who is now a Deadhead when he was recently turned onto them by the son in law. He (the FIL) now only listens to the Dead Head channel on Sirius & even goes to the "Dead" or "Ratdog" or "Furthur" concerts. Funny, huh?

Me, I'm trying my hardest to turn anyone with "potential" onto Pearl Jam. They are almost like an "acquired taste" as even my most favorite songs took 10s of listen-tos before they were my favorite.

Even when I first started turning toward being a fan, when I first put in "Live at the MSG DVD", I thought "WTF...all the songs sound the same & they all just sound loud & fast".

But....I kept playing it all.

Now I think "WTF WAS I thinking"

So every video clip I send off, I implore "listen more than once".

So, I'm glad to hear that the IN LAWs hear something already.

But Neil Dia.... :sick:

can't go there.
  • Options
    JoeTzuJoeTzu Posts: 88
    My 59 year old mother went to her first show. Night 1MSG 2010
    When she didn't hear Black and WWS, and YL she realized why you get tickets for both nights
    Tickle my nausea
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Cool story! But Neil Diamond....yikes. That's comparing one of the world's biggest badasses to the cheesiest man alive.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Cool story! But Neil Diamond....yikes. That's comparing one of the world's biggest badasses to the cheesiest man alive.

Take that back. Neil is just as much as a badass as Ed is. I'm dead serious.
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551

I wouldn't say that Neil Diamond is CHEESY, but, having grown up listening to him--my parents friends played him all the time---I know ALL His songs.

Imagining Vedder sing "sweet caroline". Ooh I feel a little sick.... :sick:

:silent:

:wtf:
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I like Neil Diamond.

So what?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374

Haha sorry man, no way. Neil YOUNG on the other hand....raging badass. Probably more than Ed.
    But if it helps, I will concede that "THE cheesiest" was an exaggeration. Perhaps Barry Manilow can take that honor.