Options

ISO 18 X 24 PJ full band picture

mcgavinjmcgavinj Idaho Falls, ID, USA Posts: 311
edited June 2010 in The Porch
So I got a frame that none of my posters fit. It's 18 x24. I've been searching for an image I could get printed to that size or a poster that size of the complete band. Anyone have an idea?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    download one of your favoriotes, burn it onto a stick, take the stick to Costco or Wal-mart and have them make one for ya.........
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,008
    download one of your favoriotes, burn it onto a stick, take the stick to Costco or Wal-mart and have them make one for ya.........

Exactly! Best to check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/pearljamofficial/ . There's a few kick ass shots with a rez of 1920 x 1278.

:)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    index2009.jpg

this one would be cool to be made into a poster
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    Most legit places should not allow you to do this because of copyright infringement.. goodluck to you though.. Stick it to the man!
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    Not really familiar with the technical aspects when it comes to picture enlargement, so I thought this thread would be a good place to ask. (sorry in advance for high-jacking your thread)

what if I have a picture that I personally took and want it enlarged....Can it be done if the print is as small as a 3x5? I used one of those throw away cameras back in 2000, and when I took it to get developed they printed it on a 3x5 size. If I tried to make a poster out of it wouldn't it show a little of blur due to the original being small?

Or can these print places scan it, save it at a higher res, and print it at a larger size with little or no quality loss?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Not really familiar with the technical aspects when it comes to picture enlargement, so I thought this thread would be a good place to ask. (sorry in advance for high-jacking your thread)

what if I have a picture that I personally took and want it enlarged....Can it be done if the print is as small as a 3x5? I used one of those throw away cameras back in 2000, and when I took it to get developed they printed it on a 3x5 size. If I tried to make a poster out of it wouldn't it show a little of blur due to the original being small?

Or can these print places scan it, save it at a higher res, and print it at a larger size with little or no quality loss?

From what I understand, 35mm film is the best for enlarging, so you could enlarge to 16x32, if you used 200 speed film, it may be blury, 400 speed film no worries. Film is film, just digital cameras matter on megapixels for enlargement. I believe walmart quit developing film, costco still will, but they may send it out. Good Luck!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    metsfan wrote:
    index2009.jpg

this one would be cool to be made into a poster

That dog is so friggin lucky to be inside the warehouse rehearsal room! :twisted: :evil:
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    zchick wrote:

From what I understand, 35mm film is the best for enlarging, so you could enlarge to 16x32, if you used 200 speed film, it may be blury, 400 speed film no worries. Film is film, just digital cameras matter on megapixels for enlargement. I believe walmart quit developing film, costco still will, but they may send it out. Good Luck!

great tips! Thanks for the helpful info, I appreciate that!
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    rolenrock wrote:
    Most legit places should not allow you to do this because of copyright infringement.. goodluck to you though.. Stick it to the man!

"The Man" in this case is PJ. :lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    zchick wrote:

great tips! Thanks for the helpful info, I appreciate that!

You're welcome! post pics I'd love to see them!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless