Options

West Palm Beach Group Hotel Discount Info

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    IMPORTANT!!!!

the location shown on your map is NOT CORRECT!!

**the actual location of the CRUZAN Amphitheater is between Belvedere and Southern Blvd... WEST of the Fla Turnpike!!!
    notice on the map where it says South FLa Fairgrounds?? that's where it is!

Please double check your accomodations!

I don't live near there (we're in miami) but I promise you,
    it is not walker-friendly....
    it's really in the middle of nowhere, and it will be very hot.

best to get a ride from one of the friendly folks on the board!!!

Yup, this is correct.
    There isn't anything walking distance to Cruzan Amphitheater, nothing but road with no sidewalks there is highway on both sides...

I would definately get a ride no matter where you are staying because there is definately no hotels that are walking distance from Cruzan and if they are walking distance the distance you have to walk will not be very nice specially not at the temperatures we get around June...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    As to walking to the venu, I have my doubts about whether that is feasible or not. We got to Florida a lot for vacation - almost yearly, and Florida is really not walker friendly. There are so many turnpikes, express ways, etc. that are not walkable. Of course, I have no personal knowledge of the venue in West Palm Beach. I was planning on getting a hotel as close as possible and then taking a cab. Even then I wonder how many cabs will be available that far out of town. I will have a rental car, but I don't want to drive to the venue or the party. I want to be able to drink freely without worrying about a DUI.

I was just posting something regarding this before I saw your post.. you are absolutely right, FL is not walker friendly no matter where you go, but specially around Cruzan Amphitheater, that venue is in the middle of nowhere.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Question: I was checking out the map link. By the way, thanks for all of your work on this. However, I don't think the location of the Cruzan Amphitheater is correct. I think the Cruzan is located between Highway 80 and Belvedere Road. That flag on this map appears to be north and a bit east of the actual location. Am I wrong?
    Thanks guys...will teach me in trusting Google! :rolleyes: (and yes, NOW they point to that when I search, didn't a month ago..)..I thought it was weird for an ampitheatre to be that central!

doesn't matter for the hotel, we'll be renting anyway, I thought walking because it looked close and it's easier not to park...but yeah, it's too far to walk (I'd cycle it easily though :p)
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Pegasus wrote:
    (I'd cycle it easily though :p)

Yeah, that would be nice...... except...... Florida isn't that cycling friendly either. You'd think it would be with all the sun and warm weather. But there are a lot of old people, and although I do not want to bash old people (compared to most of you I am old), as a group they don't seem to have too much concern for cyclists. Passing within inches, pulling out in front of cyclists, turning into the path of oncoming cyclists, etc. Even where they are bike paths, they are somehow turned into turn lanes and passing lanes for cars. Go figure.

Anyway, can't wait for the show. I still have to book a hotel.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    yeah, lots of very bad drivers... crap public transportation...
    sweltering heat... hurricanes....lots of corruption...
    ahhhhh... we love it here ;)
    heehee...

just be ready for some hot, sticky weather and the show at the cruzan will be totally worth it!!
    it will be amazing!
    :D

:):):)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    Ill be booking tomorow morning from work. see ya all there...
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Can this be accurate?

Checked with the hotel today, ZERO rooms booked in that block? Whats up?

It is definitely not walking distance/walking friendly to the ampitheater, nothing really is.

There is another Hampton Inn, nicer, newer, down 441 South, 561-472-9696, think I'll give them a call....

****Done....$139 a night, actual address is on Forest Hill Blvd, 2 blocks from 441 South, right near the Wellington Green Mall, which means restaurants, etc; Much better location IMO. Hope to see you there!
  • Options
    http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=WELFLHX

3.8 miles from the venue in case anyone is interested....
  • Options
    bump.....where the hell is everyone staying???
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Dollpartz wrote:
    bump.....where the hell is everyone staying???
    at my uncle's on the beach in Lauderdale :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    at my uncle's on the beach in Lauderdale :D

sweet, party at lukinfan's place after the show!!!
  • Options
    so i thought i would bump this up one last time before the show!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Thanks Dollpartz for working to get a group rate. It just seems that people are getting cheaper rights closer to the beach. I thought $129 seemed high for June in Florida, although I like Hampton Inns and we stay at them often. Right now I haven't decided, but may end up there, although I want to try to get a cheaper rate. I'm sure I can get a much better deal on a nicer hotel close to the beach, but it may be a long way from the venue and the party - so just haven't decided yet. But thanks again. I hope to meet you at the pre-party. I take it that you are staying at that Hampton Inn, right? I may still end up there.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I didn't get a group rate at this hotel (Hampton Inn Wellington Green), but it was only $10 more than the other Hampton Inn where a block of rooms was held at a group rate and its just as close to the venue, maybe closer. When I called the original Hampton Inn, nobody had reserved there yet anyway. Makes sense that people want to stay out at the beach tho, i'm doing that in Tampa, probably staying at Clearwater Beach.

Can't wait to meet everyone at the preparty, can't wait for the show, can't wait to see where my 10club seats are! I have a feeling that this wpb show is going to be something very special!
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    sweet, party at lukinfan's place after the show!!!
    We could at the private beach club :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    We could at the private beach club :)

woot!!!
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    woot!!!

I guess I'm pulling an all-nighter that night. I have to get up to drive up to Bonnaroo around 6 AM the next morning :(
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I guess I'm pulling an all-nighter that night. I have to get up to drive up to Bonnaroo around 6 AM the next morning :(

wow, you have a crazy weekend ahead of you! drive safe!
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    If anyone wants to split the cost of a room, drop me a PM. I am driving over from Tampa the day of show, and heading back to Tampa the next morning for that show...

I may have an extra 10C ticket to the WPB show...10C # 141xxx
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    wow, you have a crazy weekend ahead of you! drive safe!
    Yeap, 14 hours- WPB to Roo :) Thanks! The things we do for PJ
    www.RLMcDaniel.com