Best live songs off Backspacer...my opinion

Indifference152Indifference152 Posts: 305
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Sittin here bored at work listin to the boston boot..got me thinkin...

I have every boot from 09 and so far the ones that are out for this grerat mini tour. I saw the boys in cleveland and buffalo so here is my opinion of the backspacer songs LIVE.

From best to well..not the best haha.

1. Unthought Known- my god...when they opened buffalo with this I lost my mind..top 20 all time pearl jam tunes. This song is magical.
2. Force of Nature- This song is a gem..my persoal fav off the album..ahh love this song
3. Just Breathe- Classic eddie song....emotional..makes you thing about life..
4. Amongst the Waves- Great song..Love where this song takes me at a show..only saw it once though..
5. The Fixer- A fan fav. Great courus for a live show..gets everyone movin around..YEAH YEAH YEAH
6. Supersonic- Dont know why this isent played more often...Sounds awsome live..good vibe to it!
7. Got Some- great rockin tune live...couldnt beleive how good it sounds live...wow huge fan of this song!
8. The End- Very emotional, good lyrics. Just not one I would HAVE to see all the time.
9. Johnny Gutair- I like this one live...early in the set its fun.
10. Gonna See my friend- I like the studio version alot..they play it pretty sloppy live
11. Speed of Sound - Decent song but kina bores me. Lyrics are average.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    interesting :) i'd rate gonna see my friend and got some higher, the energy was amazing downunder last year..

just breathe is just out of this world, it's amazing the different feeling and emotion you feel during it live say in contrast with the fixer.. how can they be off the same album? they do that so well, a tribute to the album huh..
    wah
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Unthought Known and The End are good live, i don't really care for the rest of them. live anyway.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    unthought is amazing live

still like got some a lot too. Fixer is good so is supersonic.

UNthought KNown is just the best, SNL version of it made it my favorite tune on the record
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You got it with #s 1, 2 and 4. After that, the album is still pretty crappy in my opinion.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    i wasn't a huge fan of the fixer off the start, but it is so perfect for an arena setting.

YEAH, YEAH, YEAAAAH, YEAH!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Out of the ones I've seen The Fixer is the only one that's great live.

Just Breathe surprised the hell outta me. Cool singalong moment in St Lou..."Did I say that I love you" part

Force of Nature- They play it too fast, but man this song would own live if they found the right groove

Unthought Known, Got Some and Supersonic were just a bore in a way...I rocked out to em, but they just lack something.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I really like johnny guitar a lot. Force of nature and got some are the best on the album, but johnny guitar is the best live
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    1. Unthought Known
    2. Just Breathe (really really good vibe live)
    3. Johnny Guitar - hard song to sing, but Ed crushes it everytime - I get the feeling he enjoys this one
    4. The Fixer
    5. Amongst the Waves
    6. Force of Nature
    7. Got Some
    8. The End
    9. Gonna See my Friend (still rocks tho)
    10. Speed of Sound
    11. Supersonic
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I was pleasantly surprised by Speed of Sound in Hartford because I don't particularly enjoy the album version of the song. Thought the demo was much better. In Hartford they seemed to split the difference between the two. I thought it sounded great live. Haven't listened to the boot yet.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    1. Unthought - simply amazing live and the crowds love it
    2. The Fixer - love the yeah yeah yeah parts
    3. Got Some - great beat, band seems to enjoy playing this one too
    4. Just Breathe - overplayed, but beautiful lyrics and its perfect as the first encore opener
    5. Speed of Sound - I don't get the hate on this song!
    6. Amongst the Waves - I compare it to NAIS...good songs but they seem like buzzkills in the sets.
    7. Johnny Guitar - Ed nails this one but overall I don't like the song
    8. Force of Nature - 2nd favorite off the album, seems to be lacking depth live though
    9. The End - Eddie struggles with the high pitched notes
    10(tie). Gonna See My Friend and Supersonic - terrible songs IMO...GSMF sounds like a train wreck live...
  • Johnny Guitar is definitely number 1 for me, especially the middle bridge. Funky yet punky...
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Johnny guitar and got some are the best rockers live.

After those two it's Supersonic, unthought known, amongst the waves, the fixer, speed of sound, just breathe, the end.

Don't like just breathe or the end, never heard force of nature or gsmf.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09