Working on Saturday BLOWS...

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
blows. it just blows...especially on days when it's so nice outside.
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    agreed
  • HELL YES! i'm about to lose it, especially working 10 hours EVERY Saturday, no questions asked.
  • UpstateTokUpstateTok Posts: 10
    Im with u guys,its 6:30,another 12 hr saterday in the books.sux
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    so don't do it... or quit!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    well I usually work saturdays , so that part isn't a big deal :shock: , HOWEVER , major storms rolled through today(I work outside most of the time) AND to top it all off I now have two stitches in my right index finger!!!!!! :twisted: Fuckers , clean up your shit so I dont have to! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    I schedule myself to close every saturday...sometimes I wonder why I do that to myself?! But I try to be fair...im such a good boss sometimes ;)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    iamsam_pj wrote:
    I schedule myself to close every saturday...sometimes I wonder why I do that to myself?! But I try to be fair...im such a good boss sometimes ;)

you are a good boss.
    and apparently you look like cat power: http://weblogs.cltv.com/entertainment/t ... tpower.jpg

that is okay in my book.

i can swing a saturday if its only every 5 weeks like at my job. it just sucks when its nice outside. i got through it though :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

Exactly!
  • blows. it just blows...especially on days when it's so nice outside.

yea the economy is so great right now, let me just go get another job real quick.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ML181059 wrote:

yea the economy is so great right now, let me just go get another job real quick.

why its not normal to just quit your job? :roll: :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I have tested your theory, and the results are in........Working on Monday BLOWS as well......
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    I have worked every saturday night bar about 4 for the past 18 months. It sucks, but the penalty rates are freaking awesome....the only plus about it really. But if they hurry up and sort out my contract and roster like they have been telling me for the past 4 weeks, then I will be on a rotating roster and only work every 2nd saturday. That will be nice, but until that piece of paper is in front of me to sign, I'm not getting too excited. :roll:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Penalty rates?

I cover call every 4th weekend but it's truly minimal & the most I have to do is some telephone advising.

At one point I had to work Fridays from 3-11 pm and every other Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p. Hated it and empathize with those of you who do it now.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • UpSideDown wrote:
    I have tested your theory, and the results are in........Working on Monday BLOWS as well......

+1
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I haven't worked on a weekend in over 7 years. 8-)
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    dude i worked 13 hours straight no breaks on saturday.
    fml.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Penalty rates?

I cover call every 4th weekend but it's truly minimal & the most I have to do is some telephone advising.

At one point I had to work Fridays from 3-11 pm and every other Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p. Hated it and empathize with those of you who do it now.

Yep penalty rates dude! Have a rather good EBA so penalty rates for sat night/sunday are rather good. I usually start at 5pm on a saturday and they good rates kick in at 10pm (+75%), then from midnight till 5am WOW (double time!).
    I usually start at 5pm on a saturday, no earlier than 9pm mon-fri, and midnight starts sunday night.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    i work nightshift at a supermarket on saturdays - tuesdays, that sucks too, but i suppose at least i get an extra bonus for working sat. night ---- still sucks though.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I hear ya....

I am not to thrilled about working Tuesdays either..........

And Wednesdays suck too........

But for some reason I like Thursdays..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I hear ya....

Officially...they all suck. The upside is I don't have to deal with anyone or talk to anyone if I don't want to. Just put my ipod in it's dock and crank it up.....gets me in the zone and keeps me motivated. What ever did we do without ipods and portable docks??? :lol:
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    iamsam_pj wrote:

you are a good boss.
    and apparently you look like cat power: http://weblogs.cltv.com/entertainment/t ... tpower.jpg

that is okay in my book.

i can swing a saturday if its only every 5 weeks like at my job. it just sucks when its nice outside. i got through it though :mrgreen:
    why thank you...cat power is my fav and now that i have bangs, i can see the resemblance :) and she's from florida!!

luckily, i gave myself this saturday off...hopefully the sun is shining!!
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    UpSideDown wrote:
    I hear ya....

Speedy...........Erie,PA is a lot like Chicago weatherwise........

So I'm glad I took today off to enjoy the MSG shows and the 70 degrees/pure sun weather!

Beats the fuckin office, thats for sure.......