WINRAR

IgatherspeedIgatherspeed Posts: 59
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Anyone have a link to best convert the winrar files that the bootlegs are dowloaded to? Is it free of do I have to purchase softwsare? Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i believe its free, atleast mine was
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Download this > http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/ ... ?tag=mncol

Then get the file > Right Click > Extract Here.
  • Thank you!!!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I think WINRAR is ONLY free for the first 40 times you use it.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    cutz wrote:

Well I've been using it for years and use it frequently.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Brisk. wrote:
    cutz wrote:

Yea, i have too. But, after 40 times, i get a message box pop- up saying: that this is NOT a free software. I saw the video with that link you put up here, and it says the same thing; 40 times is free, and then you have to pay $30.00, (i think). I just close that box, and then extract my files anyway. Like you, i've been using it for a few years now, even though i still get that message.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    cutz wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    cutz wrote:

Yea, i have too. But, after 40 times, i get a message box pop- up saying: that this is NOT a free software. I saw the video with that link you put up here, and it says the same thing; 40 times is free, and then you have to pay $30.00, (i think). I just close that box, and then extract my files anyway. Like you, i've been using it for a few years now, even though i still get that message.

I've been using it for year's too & never get the pop up, and I have it on a few Pearl Jam PC Work Stations. 8-)

Download winrar here, from the official site:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.93 is what i'm using. Download, double click the file & hit enter a few times to install the app, and your finished. You won't see message box pop ups or anything like that.

Cheers! :)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    7-zip will handle RAR (and Zip and a bunch of others) and is completely free for personal use.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    a year or so back. WinRAR had a day where they gave out free licenses. It only worked on a specific version. But the license file they gave everyone was the same. If you could use google and find that version and license file I would think you'd have a legit copy.