I wish you all the same

lukins.lawyerlukins.lawyer Posts: 128
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I just finished my first year of law school this past May and had tickets to the Cleveland and Buffalo shows. I worked so damn hard all semester and all I could think about during those hellish exams was rockin out to PJ.

In Cleveland I had a fever of about 100. I felt shitty all day (we drove from Hamilton, ON), and at the concert I could barely even stand. I was so depressed because physically I couldn't enjoy myself and I had looked forward to seeing them since they announced this northeast leg.

Then, the unthinkable happened.

I woke up monday morning feeling refreshed and ready to rip someone's face off at the Buffalo gig. When I went to the box office and gave her my ID, the girl behind the glass exclaimed "Oh my God, you won the lotto!" I SCREAMED OUT IN UTTER JOY and at that moment felt the most nervous euphoric anxious feeling I'd ever felt in my life. I've been to over 15 EV/PJ shows and I never EVER thought I would be so lucky. Anyways, for those of you who went to Buffalo - I wore a green T-shirt and was clearly the most energized psychotic fan in that stadium. After severed hand I could barely breath from jumping screaming and going nuts. The best part is - I had no drugs or alcohol at the show. PURE ADRENALIN.

I just wanted to thank the fan club and the band for making a dream come true. McCready gave me and autograph and tossed me a banana and afew picks from stage. I'm sure they hadn't seen someone go that crazy in a long while.

Anyways, to the future lotto winners.. I'd like to congratulate you in advance for winning and let you know that it will truly be an experience you'll never ever forget. LOVE this band. LOVE the fans. And forever, I will love the city of Buffalo.

Goodluck to you all!
No need to be void,... or save up on life...
You got to spend it all.....

PJ
Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• awesome!!!...i wish a i was that luck
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    Mike gives out fruit during the show? :o
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Dude, I totally hear you! I've been meaning to post something similar, but haven't been on the boards lately. I'm not someone who wins anything... yet, I turned up to the box office to pick up my tickets in Hartford and the girl opens my envelope and says: "You've got really f**kin' good seats"... I know my number, I know they won't be great, I looked at her and said: "Did I win the lottery!?", she looked at the map in front of her and said: "your seats are here" (pointing to the front row), even the girl in the booth next to her looked over and exclaimed "Oh my god!". She then asked me to sign my envelope, but I could barely move I was shaking so much. I did nothing but jump and go ballistic the whole show. Amazing! Thank you so much 10c, thank you PJ and thanks to all my friends for the countless photos they took of me on the rail (mostly blurry cause I didn't stop moving). Amazing and I still can't believe it. Two different crew members gave me setlists (I gave one to the girl next to me). Every fan deserves to experience that and it's amazing that there is a policy in place to give people the opportunity. To everyone who doesn't think it's a true lottery, it really is. The first and only thing I've ever "won" in my life. Mad love to everyone :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i love reading these stories :) huge congratulations!

LMAO @ banana :shock:

don't think they've had the chance to do a lottery downunder yet!
    wah