2010 bootleg quality...

mcameronrocksmcameronrocks Posts: 321
edited June 2010 in The Porch
The PJ boot program is awesome. With so many officially released now, I have come to realize there are 2 different preferences out there. Those that prefer the mix to have heavy crowd noise and those that prefer less crowd noise and more music.

For those of you that like the mix to have the actual music much more prevelant, what is your opinion on the '10 boots?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Philly sounds phucking phenomenal. I've been very impressed this go round.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i like more crowd noise, but great quality is great quality. so i settle for it as long as it sounds great 8-) .

and i must say, the 2010 boots sound excellent! the philly boots even better!
    i think the philly shows are tied with 03 for best quality boots ever and i think that '10 boots are second place not by much at all!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • The 2010 boots are so great! If you haven't bough New Orleans yet, do it. My Bristow boots came today and I can't wait to hear them. Come on 5:00....
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    are the philly boots 09 or 10? anyways, i think they spent more time on Philly than normal. the sound really good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    81 wrote:
    are the philly boots 09 or 10? anyways, i think they spent more time on Philly than normal. the sound really good.
    I personally wonder whether that spectacular mix was originally headed for a DVD - not CD - and that the flubs throughout the events (get over it - they were there - the shows still sound great) turned the band off of that idea, hence the long wait, with nothing but excellent sounding bootlegs.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    benjs wrote:
    I personally wonder whether that spectacular mix was originally headed for a DVD - not CD - and that the flubs throughout the events (get over it - they were there - the shows still sound great) turned the band off of that idea, hence the long wait, with nothing but excellent sounding bootlegs.

Interesting. You might be onto something there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tootsie_pop.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I agree...the philly boots are top notch. As are the 09 boots collectively.

Reason for my post is I wanted to get opinions without creating "emotional" comments about me being a disgruntled bitch. Fact is, I feel like the '10 boots are less then stellar. I have columbus, hartford and boston and they sound much like the 08 boots to me.

Am I completely off base? If not, why the desparity in just a few months of dates?