AC/DC surely to be followed by Lizzy,Cranberries n Zep....

IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
edited June 2010 in The Porch
So,they cover AC/DC in Oz. Makes sense,good call.

Following this theme I propose The Rocker-Thin Lizzy in Dublin, Zombie-The Cranberries in Belfast and Communication Brweakdown-Led Zep (as a set closer) in London.
Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    As far as London...still waiting for a Custard Pie cover, but any Zep will do
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Speaking of AC/DC, I saw them play a few days ago. One of the best concerts I have ever been to, surely the best here in Norway. I am yet to see a band get a stadium going like they did. The sound was fantastic and the young angus and brian johnson are both giving it their all.

Was very surprised how good they were.
    I will swallow poison
  • Am I right in thinking the cranberries are from the south of Ireland! Surely teenage kicks by the undertones would be a better choice or some stiff little fingers!
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Am I right in thinking the cranberries are from the south of Ireland! Surely teenage kicks by the undertones would be a better choice or some stiff little fingers!

Not sure but was thinking lyrically Zombie seems apposite>
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm sure they could pick a better song that represents the North - maybe Teenage Kicks?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    What about covering Scorpion's Rock You Like a Hurricane (Germany) or U2's It's A Beautiful Day (Ireland)? :P
  • TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    Is Pearl Jam playing in Liverpool anytime soon? :P
  • IamTom wrote:
    Am I right in thinking the cranberries are from the south of Ireland! Surely teenage kicks by the undertones would be a better choice or some stiff little fingers!

Not sure but was thinking lyrically Zombie seems apposite>
  • I understand why you suggested the cranberries but we've had enough tanks, bombs and guns to last a lifetime... Let's celebrate life, love and rock n'roll and rock the feck put of the place!!!!
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Well, I personally would prefer a Cranberries cover because it would be a bigger and more special surprise but a U2 cover would be more likely if you think about the way how PJ and Bono respect each other.
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Niko80 wrote:
    Speaking of AC/DC, I saw them play a few days ago. One of the best concerts I have ever been to, surely the best here in Norway. I am yet to see a band get a stadium going like they did. The sound was fantastic and the young angus and brian johnson are both giving it their all.

They put on a great show, Angus Young is an amazing guitrist, his solo and running around during Let There Be Rock is one of a kind. AC/DC though is the opposite of PJ, in spite of a huge catalog they play the same exact set list night after night and even when returning to cities on a second leg, the set list is almost identical. The Pearl Jam fans have a mutiny when 5 or 6 songs are repeated, can you imagine the same set list every night!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    It'd be amazing if they did a Pogues, Boomtoen Rats or Waterboys cover!
  • eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    I would really love to hear Van the Mans Moondance at Belfast.
    No they are not playing Limerick so why the Cranberries?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    IamTom wrote:
    So,they cover AC/DC in Oz. Makes sense,good call.

Following this theme I propose The Rocker-Thin Lizzy in Dublin, Zombie-The Cranberries in Belfast and Communication Brweakdown-Led Zep (as a set closer) in London.
    I would love to hear them cover Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Niko80 wrote:

Yeah, AC/DC fucking rocks!! I saw them a year or so ago at the start of their Black Ice tour. And by the way, Black Ice fucking kicks ass!!

Too bad they are retiring after this tour is all said and done. Well, Brian Johnson is retiring from the band, is what i have heard. I cannot see them replace their lead singer a second time.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I understand why you suggested the cranberries but we've had enough tanks, bombs and guns to last a lifetime... Let's celebrate life, love and rock n'roll and rock the feck put of the place!!!!

I'm been meaning to ask, how did Northern Ireland finally solve "the troubles"???

That was such an every day part of the world news when i was growing up...

and as Bono sang "I'm soooo sickofit!"..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford