Options

Whats with Saturday at Roo?

WoodenHammerWoodenHammer Posts: 89
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Ok, this is speculation, but I smell something is up. We all know PJ is slated for saturday at Roo. However, check this out:

Bonnaroo and Stubhub signed a deal that made Stubhub the sole "re-seller" of tickets for the festival. In the past there hasn't been a big mark-up on resold tickets (usually go for face value). So what would make Stubhub sign the deal? A HUGE announcement maybe...

Couple that with the fact that Saturday at Roo has been removed from pollstar:
http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.p....&By=All&PSKey=Y

http://wwhttp://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.p....&By=All&PSKey=

And then this announcement from Roo today:
STAY TUNED FOR AN EXCITING BONNAROO ANNOUNCEMENT COMING YOUR WAY THIS THURSDAY, APRIL 17...

Anyone? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

PJ related because saturday was their night...
We were but stones... Your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Pearl Jam will play on two different days?

Kings of Leon being added?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    they will announce that their giving out free soap bars & toothpaste .....:)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Could be a big headliner (to compete with Prince at Coachella)... Maybe PJ gets pushed to Sunday and Jack Johnson demoted?

On Pearl Jam.com it used to have the 14th for Bonnaroo... now it doesn't anymore...

Strange things afoot.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options

On Pearl Jam.com it used to have the 14th for Bonnaroo... now it doesn't anymore...

Yeah, it was up for about a week and then when they announced the east coast tour, they changed it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i heard a rumor that prince was gunna show up so could be him for sunday and i wouldnt be suprised if kings of leon were added because they are touring with pearl jam before and after bonnaroo
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    would KoL headline saturday though?

maybe led zep rumors are true!
  • Options
    its gotta be led zepplin.....
    Kansas City 1998, Kansas City 2000, EV- Santa Cruz 2008, EV- Berkeley #1 2008, EV- Berkeley #2 2008, Outside Lands 2009, Seattle #2 2009, Portland 2009, LA #3 2009, LA #4 2009, SD 2009, KC 2010, STL 2010, CBUS 2010, Indy 2010, Cle 2010, Buffalo 2010, Boston 2010, Newark 2010, MSG 1 2010, MSG 2 2010, PJ20 1 2011, PJ20 2 2011, Midtown 2012, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013, OKC 2013, STL 2014, Tulsa 2014, Lincoln 2014.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    would KoL headline saturday though?

maybe led zep rumors are true!
    no, not headline, but it would still be a huge announcement and they'd also probably play on Sat w/ PJ.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    Well the Allman Brothers cancelled..

http://bonnaroo.com/news/2008/04/14/allman-brothers-cancel.aspx

I guess they need a replacement..

I wish STP would play :)
  • Options
    prince at Coachella= underwhelming headliners + fanbase complaining +slow ticket sales

prince at Coachella= $4.7 million dollar paycheck

I love being wrong...but Led Zeppelin or any other mindblowing, out of left field band will not be added

the Allman Brothers announced weeks ago that the Beacon run in NYC was being rescheduled due to Gregg Allman recovering from Hepatitis C...at that time they made it clear that Bonnaroo and later dates would not be affected, but obviously that changed today

the promoters at Bonnaroo probably started planning for their replacement when the original announcement was made about the Beacon shows...they are simply going ahead with that announcement now that the Allman Brothers have officially stepped out of the lineup

not sure what's going on with Pollstar for Saturday's details, but Thursday's announcement will be the replacement for the Allman Brothers, nothing more

I wouldn't get too excited other than the fact that they have found a replacement, someone big enough for them to call it a "big announcement"

this has nothing to do with Prince being added to the Coachella lineup
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    prince at Coachella= underwhelming headliners + fanbase complaining +slow ticket sales

I love being wrong...but Led Zeppelin or any other mindblowing, out of left field band will not be added

the Allman Brothers announced weeks ago that the Beacon run in NYC was being rescheduled due to Gregg Allman recovering from Hepatitis C...at that time they made it clear that Bonnaroo and later dates would not be affected, but obviously that changed today

the promoters at Bonnaroo probably started planning for their replacement when the original announcement was made about the Beacon shows...they are simply going ahead with that announcement now that the Allman Brothers have officially stepped out of the lineup

not sure what's going on with Pollstar for Saturday's details, but Thursday's announcement will be the replacement for the Allman Brothers, nothing more

I wouldn't get too excited other than the fact that they have found a replacement, someone big enough for them to call it a "big announcement"

Pipe down you kill joy. ;)

The speculation is too much fun.

Personally I am pulling for a Neil Young add.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Pipe down you kill joy. ;)

The speculation is too much fun.

Personally I am pulling for a Neil Young add.

heh...just being realistic

I'm hoping for Neil Young too

***GOT EM***
  • Options

I would believe you entirely, if it weren't for the StubHub news. StubHub would only get involved if we are going to see very high demand for resold tickets. You only see really high demand for resold tickets if the show sells out early pr of there is assigned seating and people want particular seating. Roo (I believe) sold out like 2 weeks before the show last year. Stubhub would not do it for a 2 week, mediocre volume, resold ticket market. They must be expecting increased demand. Again, speculation, but like the other guy said "the speculation is too much fun".
    We were but stones... Your light made us stars
  • Options
    well i know they are due for another round of lineup announcements. probably no one that major, but decent. Black Keys would be sweet.

all im saying is it better not be fucking Prince...
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    I dunno why you're placing so much significance on the StubHub deal... if it was just for this year, sure, but it's a multi-year deal and in this day and age it is not surprising to have someone pay for the rights to be the "exclusive something-or-another" for any successful venture. If anything, it's just coincidental timing, IMO.

I expect the announcement to be something of a bigger name, but nothing earth shattering that will make Roo anymore of a draw than it is currently.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    I dunno why you're placing so much significance on the StubHub deal... if it was just for this year, sure, but it's a multi-year deal and in this day and age it is not surprising to have someone pay for the rights to be the "exclusive something-or-another" for any successful venture. If anything, it's just coincidental timing, IMO.

I expect the announcement to be something of a bigger name, but nothing earth shattering that will make Roo anymore of a draw than it is currently.

not to mention they announced the Charity VIP packages being auctioned off at Stub Hub almost a month ago...so today's news should not surprise anyone who follows Bonnaroo.com

***GOT EM***