Options

TenClub bonus items...?

TyTy Posts: 1,007
edited June 2010 in The Porch
There is always mention of "and whatever goodies we may wanna chuck in" with the TenClub membership, but being a member since 1996 I don't think I've ever gotten anything "extra". I think they threw a few Vitalogy stickers in on eof my orders back in the late 90's.

I suggest they have a million stickers and old newsletters and posters and crap around, so why not clear-house by chucking them in with the next package/newsletter?!

And it'd be cool to get the single this year. I think we deserve a little DVD slid in too by now (hahaha).
PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Great idea, I second that motion. :D I've been a member off and on since 2000, don't think I've ever got any extra's either. :?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    TooMuchBloodTooMuchBlood Posts: 312
    How about the awesome 2003 tour book? It's the size of a CD case and has a photo from each show, I think.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    And the calendar for 2001, I think. That was a goodie with the newsletter, right?
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    bitch whine bitch,,,

try joining U2 fanclub or DMB warehouse !

They'll take your money and RUN...

with seats worse than Ticketbastard...

There are some seriously spoiled people on this board!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    And the calendar for 2001, I think. That was a goodie with the newsletter, right?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that calendar, that was nice. BTW, I don't think it means that people are spoiled just because they question something. They pay the twenty bucks and it states extra goodies, if they haven't been a member like in 01 when we got the calendar or another year where they got a bonus gift they may wonder why it states that when they have never got anything. It was just a simple question.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Word . lets get that Xmas - Holiday Single whatever they feel like calling it now . sometime before the next one is out !! ;)
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    bitch whine bitch,,,

Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed thismorning!

Just discussion purposes and ideas and wishlists, not a whinge. Stop being over-protective. Do you not think it would be cool to get a left-over VHC sticker chucked in? Or for your Christmas single to arrive? Ofcourse it would be cool.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    Ty wrote:
    I don't think I've ever gotten anything "extra". I think they threw a few Vitalogy stickers in on eof my orders back in the late 90's.
    Hold on.... You "DON'T think" you've ever gotten anything extra. The very next sentence you DO "think" they threw a few Vitalogy stickers in one of your orders. Huh? Sounds like you've been bonused so I think you should feel lucky.
  • Options
    Like dogs at a fence as the postman walks past...

I'm not banging no sticks along the fence here people. Just wishing out loud, ofcourse it would be cool. And yeah, "think" because I can't remember exactly... and I obviously forgot about the calendar, etc.

Wow... bark bark! Just a chat, peoples.
  • Options
    MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 750
    edited June 2010
    oops
    Post edited by MoonTurtle on
  • Options
    MoonTurtle wrote:
    agreed

locked wrote:

• Options
    1 - ten club tix
    2 - ten club window at shows
    3 - ten club seating
    4 - ten club seating lottery
    5 - ten club sales through TM
    6 - recipes!!!!

and all of the other yummy stuff I forgot

but if that is not enough no prob there is this fabulous forum where you ccan complain about things which the club listens to and acts on

YAY ten club!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I've gotten numerous stickers, but it was only when I placed a 10c order one month, then placed another one a few months later. Way back when Ten first came out, I was gonna join the fan club, but it didn't say what you'd get with membership, and nobody I knew was willing to pony up $20 for 'who know's what'...$20 was like a new CD back then. I'm happy with what I get, if they toss in a sticker or whatever, then cool. Apparently 10c members that went to the postershow early got goodie bags. I went later, so I missed out. But remember, mailing stuff to every member costs a lot. We can hope for a PJ 20th anniversary gift!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    zchick wrote:
    I've gotten numerous stickers, but it was only when I placed a 10c order one month, then placed another one a few months later. Way back when Ten first came out, I was gonna join the fan club, but it didn't say what you'd get with membership, and nobody I knew was willing to pony up $20 for 'who know's what'...$20 was like a new CD back then. I'm happy with what I get, if they toss in a sticker or whatever, then cool. Apparently 10c members that went to the postershow early got goodie bags. I went later, so I missed out. But remember, mailing stuff to every member costs a lot. We can hope for a PJ 20th anniversary gift!

fan club was $5 when it first started.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    How about the awesome 2003 tour book? It's the size of a CD case and has a photo from each show, I think.
    Those were the newsletters.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    zchick wrote:
    I We can hope for a PJ 20th anniversary gift!

I already know what that is - the fact that PJ is still around for us to enjoy! No other gifts needed.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 169
    We need to kneel down and kiss the feet of all might 10C. They are good to us, they help us devote way too much time to a wonderful band. I'm never disappointed; however, simetimes made to work on my patience. :lol:

Lets all have a group hug and hum Betterman softly.
  • Options
    Dark EnergyDark Energy Here Posts: 203
    SSS81 wrote:
    Lets all have a group hug and hum Betterman softly.

If this line shouldn't be the board motto, I certainly haven't heard a better one :D
  • Options
    MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 373
    locked wrote:
    bitch whine bitch,,,

Can't speak for U2, but obviously you have no clue about the DMB warehouse. Every year you get a full CD, a glossy picture, and something extra (e.g. magnet, deck of cards, mouse pad). My seats get better every year and are certainly better than anything I get on Ticketbastard. And oh yeah, they also have a stress free ticket ordering system.