Brad Klausen is AWESOME

jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I work in a small rural area of Indiana for a financial services company. We are sponsoring a ride for the cure, to benefit Susan J Komen and the local hospital mammography programs. In a rural area there is not always a lot of money for social programs like that. I wrote an letter regarding this event, and a silent auction we were having and he personally wrote back and is donating some prints to our auction.

I am a longtime fan of Pearl Jam, tenclub member, and of his work. It is really great to know that the causes and artist that Pearl Jam is in business with are as nice, generous, civic-minded, and philanthropic.

I have been a fan of his posters for a long time, but I got to say... Brad Klausen is AWESOME.

Thank you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    That's awesome...BK is the man.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    A true gentleman :clap:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Brad is a class act!
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Great news. Always nice to hear about the good folks of this world, especially when all you seem to read about is the not-so-good ones. Best of luck with the auction.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,320
    Mcam55 wrote:
    That's awesome...BK is the man.

Fuckin' eh! 8-)
  • jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
    Great news. Always nice to hear about the good folks of this world, especially when all you seem to read about is the not-so-good ones. Best of luck with the auction.

You are so right, you always here about all of the assholes or people taking advantage of others. I had to share the story on here. Not only is our favorite band good guys, but they have carefully aligned themselves with others how are just as good.
  • VeddermbVeddermb Posts: 381
    Besides his obvious great talent, I believe this is one of the reasons why a lot of us don't mind parting with a buck or two (or several hundred) for his prints...I feel a lot better supporting a guy that does the right thing as a business...he actually seems to be upset if something screws up and we as customers are unhappy...that seems to be a lost value in today's world...great to hear he is supporting your worthy cause! Hats off BK.
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 311
    Big ups to number 7!
  • Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 241
    That's great! Where/when is this auction??? You need to get some of us PJ fans there to bid on his prints...or are they not PJ-specific prints?
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    That's solid Number 7.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    +1 Mr Klausen.

Its so great to see that most people connected to, and including this band do what they can to help out at the ground level.
  • CW11331CW11331 Posts: 127
    I ran a charity auction last month for our local Montessori school and emailed Brad about a donation.....

He called me personally and donated 12 prints!!! 1 was signed by Eddie Vedder!!! 4 full tubes!!! He said he always tries to suppord good causes. Incredibly generous and likeable guy.

Brad is the MAN!!!!

He helped raise over $500 for the school!
    Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28, 1996
    Blockbuster Music Center - Aug 28, 1998, E-Centre - Sep 02, 2000
    First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003
    Hersheypark Stadium - Jul 12, 2003, Borgata - Sept 30, 2005
    Tweeter Center May 27 & May 28, 2006
    Continental Arena - Jun 03, 2006
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008,MSG - Jun 24 & 25, 2008
    Spectrum - Oct 27, 2009 MSG - May 20 & 21 2010
    PJ 20!!! Alpine Valley 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 Ticket Lotto Winner -rw9!-
  • you haven't even scratched the surface of his coolness!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:;):D
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Kudos Brad. He kicks major ass.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jameslw13jameslw13 Posts: 144
    I promise, once I get the prints, I will put them up here to see if anyone wants to bid on them as well. I am so glad to hear that there are other amazing stories about Brad and his charitable works. It is really great to hear that it is not a one time thing, that this is definitely a part of him and a valued part of his business.

Big ups to the one the only BK.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Let the naysayers nay,
    this place runneth over
    with goodness + honour.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Brad is my no. 1 poster artist! His prints are always great and he is a really kind person! He always wrote back when i had questions! BK is the man!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    Whatever way you see it the mans art and spirit as a human being are clearly a reflection of each other, glad i'll be able to add 2 of his posters to my wall after the euro tour :D
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    The title of this thread says it all...
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    Ditto what he said: Title says it all!1
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    CW11331 wrote:
    I ran a charity auction last month for our local Montessori school and emailed Brad about a donation.....

He called me personally and donated 12 prints!!! 1 was signed by Eddie Vedder!!! 4 full tubes!!! He said he always tries to suppord good causes. Incredibly generous and likeable guy.

Brad is the MAN!!!!

He helped raise over $500 for the school!

You only got $500 for 12 of his prints? And one was signed by Eddie? I'm shocked they didn't go for more. Wish I knew about it. Regardless, very cool of him and congrats on raising $500.