Options

Please help -- playing PJ on drums

curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
edited June 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
So, I'll say up front that I am clueless, trying to help my eleven-year-old find the information he needs.

Anyway, my son has been taking drum lessons since fall, having a great time. He is working on learning songs by listening to them repeatedly, but I am wondering where we might find the drum equivalent of guitar tabs (I imagine there is a term for this, but like I said, I am clueless) for PJ songs.

While I am here, I will ask a question I have posted before: the kid also plays viola, and would like to be able to play "Daughter," etc. on strings. Does anyone know how to find sheet music for PJ for strings??

Thanks.
All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Personally, and this is just me, I find drum tabs to be a bit more difficult to read and follow along at the same time. Your best bet is to just listen repeatedly and play along with the song a lot and he'll get better and better at whatever song he wants.

If you want to go the tab route, go here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/pearl_jam_tabs.htm
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    Thanks for the link, we will check it out.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    You're welcome. Enjoy!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful