Options

Lower taxes for everyone else......yeah right.

know1know1 Posts: 6,763
edited June 2010 in A Moving Train
I heard today that the government was considering eliminating billions of $$$ in tax breaks that BP gets.

Now I ask you - what purpose does that serve??!

Do you think the government will take that extra money and subsequently lower the tax burden in other areas such as tax breaks for citizens? Not in a million years.

Our super greedy government is just going to use it to line their own pockets and those of their friends and buddies.
The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i dont know why they get tax breaks in the first place. they are more than profitable, and couldnt go elsewhere if they wanted too. tax breaks are better used elsewhere.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    MrSmith wrote:
    i dont know why they get tax breaks in the first place. they are more than profitable, and couldnt go elsewhere if they wanted too. tax breaks are better used elsewhere.

they get tax breaks because they control gov't policy ... our so called addiction to oil is fabricated because the old guys in suits have people believing the shit they put out there ...
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Do you think the government will take that extra money and subsequently lower the tax burden in other areas such as tax breaks for citizens? Not in a million years.

Our super greedy government is just going to use it to line their own pockets and those of their friends and buddies.
    you're not wrong, but do you think BP's tax breaks provide for extra jobs and higher pay for workers, or do they simply use it to line their own pockets and those of their friends and buddies?

thats the great thing about America today. we get to decide which group of greedy assholes get to spend our money!

im just kidding, we dont get to decide :)
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    people in the oil industry get compensated really well ... at least hey do here in canada ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    people in the oil industry get compensated really well ... at least hey do here in canada ...
    not here. not in my experience. not for the shitty work i did anyway.
  • Options
    Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    know1 wrote:
    I heard today that the government was considering eliminating billions of $$$ in tax breaks that BP gets.

Now I ask you - what purpose does that serve??!

Really...this post doesn't make sense :? You think BP should keep getting the tax breaks. :? Why? oh I see it there you think gov't lines it pockets with tax money? :?

Um there is not enough tax money to do that with remember the deficit! What gov't is lining their pockets with is BP's and Corps like BP's private donations IT IS HOW THEY GOT THE TAX BREAK IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!! Please start paying attention at any time. IMO Thank you ;)