Options

Fan Club Singles on Vinyl

JohnDSOTMJohnDSOTM Posts: 26
edited January 2008 in The Porch
So, I have a half dozen X-mas fan clubs records sitting on my desk, and I have never listened to them, because I don't have a record player!

Not complaining (well, guess I am sort of), but sheesh, why vinyl? I know there are people that still have/use records, but I'm guessing the vast majority of music lovers don't.

No big deal, really.......I mean, the Ten Club costs next to nothing, so I'm happy with anything they send my way, but it kinda honks that I get these things every Christmas, but can never listen to them. Sure, I could probably pick up a record player on eBay for $5, but I dunno, I don't want one.

End of rant.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ed LIkes the smell....
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I'll take um off your hands if to clear up that space on your desk.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    First let me say I love the singles, and love vinyl. But from a business point of view it is curious why vinyl? I wonder if sending cds would be much cheaper? NOW I am in no way suggesting they switch to cds, cuz PJ love's vinyl and I would imagine most of us do,too. Just sayin cost-wise it's gotta be more expensive to cut vinyl, no?
  • Options
    rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    Sounds like some people need a through listening of Spin The Black Circle.
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • Options
    I have 2 record players. One for upstairs and one for downstairs. And that is because records are awesome and PJ think so too. Buy one. It will probably cost more than 5 dollars though.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Why don't you just buy a record player?
  • Options
    HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    I love that they put out the single on vinyl. For one it is more special but the process also encourages people to listen to vinyl. I got a record player because of them and now I love listening to records. Similarly I started listening to Neil Young, Ben Harper and even Ani DiFranco because of them. Got turned on to Cornell West and Howard Zinn because of them.

I think they are in the business of turning people onto stuff and I am so glad that did that with vinyl. Check out Neutral Milk Hotel, "In the Airplane Over the Sea" on vinyl! Wow!
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • Options
    First of all, as already said, they love vinyl and I think that's great. It's something special that way.

And I think I remember reading an interview a few years back where Eddie (?) said they release the fan club singles on vinyl because of the fact that the Library of Congress only takes vinyl records into their collection and they like the thought of the singles being part of this collection. Or am I on the wrong track now and mix up things?

Anyway ... spin the black circle and I think for everybody who can afford to do so that should be the best reason to buy a record player... :)
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00
    Arnhem 06 Antwerp 06 Berlin 06
    Düsseldorf 07 Nijmegen 07

Neil Young And Friends Berlin 95
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    First of all, as already said, they love vinyl and I think that's great. It's something special that way.

And I think I remember reading an interview a few years back where Eddie (?) said they release the fan club singles on vinyl because of the fact that the Library of Congress only takes vinyl records into their collection and they like the thought of the singles being part of this collection. Or am I on the wrong track now and mix up things?

Anyway ... spin the black circle and I think for everybody who can afford to do so that should be the best reason to buy a record player... :)

Nope you're right I was just gonna post the same thing.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Just do what I do... go outside and play frisbie with it in the street. Just whip that Fucker into the cement and blow it into a thousand peaces..... then walk inside.. go to your computer and download the christmas singles off the web.
  • Options
    MP3 of all the Xmas single's are FREE!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Lizardking wrote:
    MP3 of all the Xmas single's are FREE!!!
    Where are this year's...although I'm hesitant to listen to "Santa God".
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    Where are this year's...although I'm hesitant to listen to "Santa God".

got mine off of bearshare..... literally the same day i got it in the mail. Jingle Bells is worse in my opinion. Its kinda cheezy. They should of done it with the whole band and vocals IMO. it wont be going in my Christmas Playlist unfortunately.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    viva la vinyl
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    the day PJ stop printing VINYL xmas singles is the day i turn in my 10 Club Hardcore badge.
    :(

It will be the day they decided to give up their ethos, imho.

Printing the single on vinyl is the bands way of making a statement, and it is a way to make the gift SPECIAL.

Vinyl is forever.
    CDs are a "piece of crap".

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    the day PJ stop printing VINYL xmas singles is the day i turn in my 10 Club Hardcore badge.
    :(

It will be the day they decided to give up their ethos, imho.

Printing the single on vinyl is the bands way of making a statement, and it is a way to make the gift SPECIAL.

Vinyl is forever.
    CDs are a "piece of crap".

:D

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    now that everyone has ipods, CDs would be completely useless... all you would do is load them onto your computer and then theyd be lost... i rarely ever buy CDs anymore unless its a bad i really love and i wanna see the album art... but you get the album art bigger and better with vinyl anyway so if i have the option i usually go with that... keep going with the vinyl 10C!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/