Whats in your VCR?

13»

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    peacegirl wrote:

I've been waiting for Whip It FOREVER too! I am about ready to just go the Red Box and get it

Earlier this year I read about a deal Netflix made with some of the studios where they have to wait so many days before renting out new releases because the studios felt they were losing money on sales so if people have to wait longer for the rental maybe they will just buy it instead. Something like that. Kind of explains the excessive wait on some stuff.

interesting...
    dunno how true it is, but interesting none the less.
    we get many new releases *immediately*, day of release, thru netflix...but others, such as above....wait forrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i had also read about netflix holding back rentals on those who rent a lot, return quickly, etc...figuring they rather lure their newer customers with the new release before old. i get it, but not. how about reward all? we rent a LOT...go thru a lot. tho nowadays, we mostly only keep new releases on our queue, and we have a TON of flicks on our 'saved' queue, awaiting their DVD release. we actually left netflix for a year or so, tried blockbuster online, b/c of the whole waiting thing. blockbuster was ok, but they did not have a mot of flicks i wanted to see, even online, too 'family-friendly' in their selection, left out more controversial titles i guess, which i still to do this don't understand. obviously, we returned to netflix, and overall, happy with their service, but sometimes..... :evil:

and claire - i know viggo ain't lookin' hot in that flick, but it doesn't matter. it's still viggo. ;)

How about you go outside one in a while??? ya know, the great outdoors?
  • Breakfast At Tiffany's :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    peacegirl wrote:

I've been waiting for Whip It FOREVER too! I am about ready to just go the Red Box and get it

Earlier this year I read about a deal Netflix made with some of the studios where they have to wait so many days before renting out new releases because the studios felt they were losing money on sales so if people have to wait longer for the rental maybe they will just buy it instead. Something like that. Kind of explains the excessive wait on some stuff.

interesting...
    dunno how true it is, but interesting none the less.
    we get many new releases *immediately*, day of release, thru netflix...but others, such as above....wait forrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i had also read about netflix holding back rentals on those who rent a lot, return quickly, etc...figuring they rather lure their newer customers with the new release before old. i get it, but not. how about reward all? we rent a LOT...go thru a lot. tho nowadays, we mostly only keep new releases on our queue, and we have a TON of flicks on our 'saved' queue, awaiting their DVD release. we actually left netflix for a year or so, tried blockbuster online, b/c of the whole waiting thing. blockbuster was ok, but they did not have a mot of flicks i wanted to see, even online, too 'family-friendly' in their selection, left out more controversial titles i guess, which i still to do this don't understand. obviously, we returned to netflix, and overall, happy with their service, but sometimes..... :evil:

and claire - i know viggo ain't lookin' hot in that flick, but it doesn't matter. it's still viggo. ;)

i'm outside all the time nowadays.....LOVE being outside. watching a DVD takes no more than 1.5-2 hours...hardly keeps you inside indefinitely. however, not sure what any of that has to do with my comments about netflix service? :? two separate issues, no?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Claireack wrote:
    for the road....i dunno who is worthy to gaze upon viggo mortensen.

He wasn't at his hottest in this movie.

Thank you for preparing me! Although I did just see him in "Appaloosa" and I had a hard time with the circa-1890s style and facial hair.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    peacegirl wrote:

i'm outside all the time nowadays.....LOVE being outside. watching a DVD takes no more than 1.5-2 hours...hardly keeps you inside indefinitely. however, not sure what any of that has to do with my comments about netflix service? :? two separate issues, no?

This is why we have a DVD player on the boat... :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

This is why we have a DVD player on the boat... :lol:

I want that!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Precious

That movie made me feel very weird after watching it...
    happy0196.gif
    OMFG You are a brave man!!!
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Thats where I keep my dope.. and my slinky
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    VCR - Shawshank Redemption, but I think it got et :? so we bought it on DVD

DVD - Supernatural (TV Series) - Season One - Disc Two
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop