Beware of imitations on ebay

JM187052JM187052 Posts: 69
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Lately I've ran into a limited edition clear 7" vinyl of save you and a 7" blue vinyl man of the hour single from Beneroya on ebay. I'm pretty sure both aren't official, just saying check your references before you shell out $300 on something that's fake. They are made up extremely well, even reference the ten club in there descriptions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you mean this one........we all know it's a fake....(at least I think we all know!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • JM187052JM187052 Posts: 69
    you mean this one........we all know it's a fake....(at least I think we all know!)

yeah, that's the one.
  • I'm just leary of anything on Ebay like that, especially autographs. It really just pisses me off that people try to turn a profit on them (and get them for the sole purpose of making money). I think it makes the guys think twice before being kind to fans. If you're browsing PJ goods, look for the guys selling the guitar for $700 bucks, that just really irritates me,lol.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    I'm just leary of anything on Ebay like that, especially autographs. It really just pisses me off that people try to turn a profit on them (and get them for the sole purpose of making money). I think it makes the guys think twice before being kind to fans. If you're browsing PJ goods, look for the guys selling the guitar for $700 bucks, that just really irritates me,lol.

That guy selling the signed Ed Zinn guitar is a total scam. He has sold the same one-of-a-kind guitar to 3 people that I know of and I wouldn't be surprised if you see it on Ebay again soon. He's using that photo as proof of the signature being real, then selling forged ones again and again. I mean really, if you went through that much trouble to buy a $500 guitar, make it look like Eds with the decals and all, met Ed and got him to sign it, would you sell it for $200 over what you paid (not including the decals and time you put into it)?
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    you mean this one........we all know it's a fake....(at least I think we all know!)

People who collect all things PJ may know, but for a newbie or someone who doesnt eat sleep and think collecting all of the time like some of us do not. I would imagine that number to be on the high side of 75% who DONT KNOW...Good looking out OP! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    JM187052 wrote:
    Lately I've ran into a limited edition clear 7" vinyl of save you and a 7" blue vinyl man of the hour single from Beneroya on ebay. I'm pretty sure both aren't official, just saying check your references before you shell out $300 on something that's fake. They are made up extremely well, even reference the ten club in there descriptions.

Holy shit...already 10 bidders! :shock:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017