I'm officially a garbage picker...

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
So I went running today and in our neighborhood, Tuesday is trash pick up day. But because of the Memorial Day holiday, everything got moved back a day. But some people didn't know this, and still took their trash out this morning- so a lot of it is still out there this evening.
On my run, I saw two pretty nice looking travel golf bags- the fiberglass kind with wheels, that are meant for protecting your clubs when you are traveling on an airplane. On closer inspection, it looks like they have only been used once or twice.
So I grabbed them and took them.
When I got home, I checked out the model on ebay and brand new, they are going for like $140 each!
I've actually already got a travel bag, but I think I'm going to try to sell them...
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dumpster diving...woot....

i scored a working PS2 about 5 years ago, and a half full propane tank at the same time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    NEXT : for u is the show pickers . :lol::lol:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Good for you! I got like 6 tomato cages for the garden that way - someone had just put them on the side of the road and didn't want them. We still use them. What's anyone else gotten?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    DSC_0370.jpg

I found this on the side of a highway... did a little restoration and de-infestation and now over 7 years later she's still going strong. :)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    JaneNY wrote:
    Good for you! I got like 6 tomato cages for the garden that way - someone had just put them on the side of the road and didn't want them. We still use them. What's anyone else gotten?

Tomato cages??? You have an issue with them making a run for it?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    images?q=tbn:Lpz0BmdGEJ6sQM::sanfordandsonepisodes.files
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i've gotten some good finds, but mostly from commerical/retail garbage.
    we had a beautiful wicker chair for years that we got out of ralph lauren shop trash.
    i love such finds!

i also love when we put out for trash stuff that others pick up.
    our old leather sofa was sooooooooo scratched deeply by dog nails, didn't think anyone would want it, yet...someone picked it up off our curb. always great when we all can recycle!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

i've gotten some good finds, but mostly from commerical/retail garbage.
    we had a beautiful wicker chair for years that we got out of ralph lauren shop trash.
    i love such finds!

our old leather sofa was sooooooooo scratched deeply by dog nails, didn't think anyone would want it, yet...someone picked it up off our curb. always great when we all can recycle!

Never pay retail for garbage.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:

lol yeah we're pretty cruel to our tomatoes. If you seriously don't know what they are though, here:
    http://midwestwireworks.com/yahoo_site_ ... 17_std.jpg you put the plant in the middle of it, and the cage holds it up. New, good ones can cost $5.99+ each.

unlost dogs: yours is the best find! I bet she gets everything she wants from you - what a cute dog.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I dig your style, dude.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    JaneNY wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:

lol yeah we're pretty cruel to our tomatoes. If you seriously don't know what they are though, here:
    http://midwestwireworks.com/yahoo_site_ ... 17_std.jpg you put the plant in the middle of it, and the cage holds it up. New, good ones can cost $5.99+ each.

unlost dogs: yours is the best find! I bet she gets everything she wants from you - what a cute dog.

ohhhhhh....all this time I thought those were redneck cloths dryers!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    We have also disposed of many unwanteds at the curb.
    Many years ago my prince and my dad installed our new dishwasher. My dad asked me what I was going to do with the old one. I told him I'd put it out by the curb and it would probably be gone by 8:30 the next morning. About 7:30 AM, somebody came to the door and asked if they could have it.
    The only unusual thing about it was that somebody actually ASKED before they took it. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."