Looking for a Rotovibe style pedal

OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
edited June 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Looking for a good simple Rotovibe style pedal. Doesn't have to be a Dunlop, any suggestions? I'm looking for Mike McCready-ish sound if possible.
BRING BACK THE WHALE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Micro-vibe from Voodoo labs is great. Also the Univibe sound on the Line 6 M13 is pretty good too.

good luck
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    do you want more rotating speakerish sound or throbby univiby sound?

and what is your budget?

The Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere is probably your best rotating speaker option for that sound but it's expensive. (edit holy balls has it gotten expensive lately, you can almost buy a leslie for that much)

Roland Boss has a rotating speaker simulator

Option 5 Destination Rotation

DLS Roto Sim

Lovepedal Pickle Vibe

Cusack Music.... etc.

Guyatone

lots of good options.... if you want really cheap and dirty I think Danelectro has a 40 dollar unit with a ramp switch on it too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I'm thinking something close to Mad Season's X-Ray Mind or Present Tense with a univibe, and maybe Release with the Rotovibe. See the problem is I can't tell if its a Rotovibe or Univibe with some of Mike's work, being that I'm not familiar with them. I've only been playing for 3 years and I still have a problem picking out what modulation style effects are used in some songs.

I would like to keep it under 150$

Thanks
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
    ah, you might like the Lovepedal Pickle vibe then. It's got a little throb to it.

You can definately nail Artificial Red with it anyway. I'm sure there are loads of you toob clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2k410Xd ... re=related

destination rotation added for reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP4e7E8_ ... re=related

By all means try a voodoo lab microvibe as well since they are cheap and all over too but this one is pretty good I think for what you want to do as well.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Thank you!
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Moded Rotovibe is AMAZING. Soulvibe by BBE gives the PERFECT sound for McCready and isn't expensive. It was cheaper than the Micro-Vibe. I got mine NEW off ebay.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Ive tried Dunlop Rotovibe, Boss RT-20 and Micro-vibe. Like Micro-vibe the best. Not as versatile as the RT-20 but much better tone. Not heard the BBE, but that has sparked my interest.
  • http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

it's mine, so I can vouch for it being solid
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    I was NOT impressed with the RT20, at all. It seemed like too much going on for an effect. I have the instructions for the "Do it yourself" mod on the rotovibe. It's very easy and reversible. I know a few people on this board who really dug the mod. It's also FREE to do. I think it's one of the best for a fast vibe sound. The Soul Vibe is cheaper than the Micro and gives you a better sound. It's GREAT for the slow "swirling" noise. However, the roto isn't too good on the slow two-part speaker emulation and the micro isn't the best on the fast effect. I've tried TONS of rotating speaker emulators. I hope this helps.
    I was NOT impressed with the RT20, at all. It seemed like too much going on for an effect. I have the instructions for the "Do it yourself" mod on the rotovibe. It's very easy and reversible. I know a few people on this board who really dug the mod. It's also FREE to do. I think it's one of the best for a fast vibe sound. The Soul Vibe is cheaper than the Micro and gives you a better sound. It's GREAT for the slow "swirling" noise. However, the roto isn't too good on the slow two-part speaker emulation and the micro isn't the best on the fast effect. I've tried TONS of rotating speaker emulators. I hope this helps.

you're making me want a freaking rotovibe too dang it!!!

The roto is just sounds more like a rotating speaker than a uni vibe. The original Uni vibe was actually such a miserable failure at being a rotating speaker sound that they created a cool new effect. Lots more phasing and throbbing than a true leslie type effect.

The Roto is nice because the treadle is part of the pedal. It would be fantastic to have a roto and a fulltone deja 2 next to eachother on the board especially if you could modify the roto with the same heel switch as the fulltone.

How available are rotovibes now?
    They're pletiful.

I have the moded rotovibe and a Soulvibe, on my board.